cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
will15029
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Sectigo - A small window opened when I booted my Win 10 pc

When I booted yesterday a small window opened on my desktop referring to security alert. I wasn't sure what to do about it.  So I researched it and still not sure how much it had to do with McAfee. It is now gone.  I'm a bit concerened, I've never heard of this sectigo thing.  I'm just a home pc user.

Another part talked about a certificate  to click on which led to a website called    Sectigo

All the years I've used McAfee,  I've never seen something like this before.

See attached screen shot

2 Replies
AvinashP
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 3

Re: Sectigo - A small window opened when I booted my Win 10 pc

Hi @will15029,

Greetings from McAfee, 

The problem mentioned could be an issue with the website that you are trying to access or it could be an issue with your browser. 

If the issue occurs when you try to access a certain website, please help us with the website url to have it checked.

To see if the issue is with the browser, try resetting the browsers on your computer and if it doesnt help we recommend contacting your system manufacturer since McAfee cannot make changes to your OS.

Thanks,
Avinash.

will15029
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Sectigo - A small window opened when I booted my Win 10 pc

Thanks for the reply.  I don't see the issue being related to the browser.  The browser isn't even open.

This has been happening as soon as my pc finishes booting.  I did nothing but turn the laptop on,

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community