cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 11 of 39

Re: Scheduled scans?

The new version of Total Protection contains a new feature called smart timer. It is there to limit scanning and updates when you are gaming and doing stuff on your PC. Unfortunately it is or rather been said by posters in other threads to be a tad too sensitive.

In order to address this issue Mcafee made several changes to its new version 10.5 that is out in some smaller markets such as Australia. It should be available in the US soon. When wmcmathr uninstalled it is possible he got the new 1 could you check please?

We mods have asked that smart timer have a disable feature in next yeras version. mcafee is considering it. I have known that 10.5 seems to scan OK but if you are working on the pC it will wait a bit till it sees inactivity.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 23/05/10 6:35:19 AM
wmcmath
Former Member
Message 12 of 39

No, I have build 10.0.580 (security center).  The issue for me related to two processes:  I had changed the windows security properties for the McAfee file.  And I believe the post regarding delays in updating may have accounted for the problems accessing updates after my first re-install.  But I still don't know what caused the original problem.

Peacekeeper
Message 13 of 39

You will find10.5 better in this regard

kumar_B
Former Member
Message 14 of 39

pls do change the   time zone according to your local time zone .if its incorrect the scan will start as per the time  and time zone that has been set at the lower right corner .to change it,  either  double click date & time or single right click on date & time and select adjust date & time .

First thing you need to do is first change the time zone  and then change the time according to your timezone . after making all the chnages dont forget to click apply and ok .  also make sure that the year and month are correct . if noty change them also .

hopeless1
Former Member
Message 15 of 39

my computer clock and eastern time zone is correct.  10:08 a.m

but I see this was dated 9:08 a.m. before my edit

Message was edited by: hopeless1 on 5/23/10 9:09:32 AM GMT-05:00

Message was edited by: hopeless1 on 5/23/10 9:10:32 AM GMT-05:00
hopeless1
Former Member
Message 16 of 39

what time zone is this forum on?

My posting is dated differently than eastern daylight savings time which is what my computer is set at - right now it's 2:12 pm and doesn't match my post time

k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 17 of 39

You would have to go into your McAfee profile under Edit Preferences and check the appropriate box corresponding to the time.

Kidd
Former Member
Message 18 of 39

Come on the  smart timer is a joke!! We should be able to set a scheduled scan the same as  every other spyware/antivirus program on the market!!!!

Peacekeeper
Message 19 of 39

With version 10.5 out today in the US updates and scheduled scans work better. We mods have asked for Smart timer to have an off switch in the next version this has been supported by our tech and passed up the line.

forum
Contributor III
Message 20 of 39

I just posted that I am having the same problems with showing scheduled scans (and carrying out the scan at the scheduled times) and updates on another tread.  I sure hope these problems are fixed soon.  The so called 'improved' version that was automatically updated on my machines in April is causing me more problems each time I turn.  Wish McAfee had left the old 2010 Total Protection I bought as is, it was working just fine.  Just seems that the so called improved 2010 Total Protection is buggy (also with less features than I paid for),

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community