Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Korgman
Contributor III
Message 1 of 5

Scheduled scan and exclusions

Jump to solution

Geez, this software is driving me nuts lately. I'm trying to do 2 things: Create my own scan schedule, and exclude my usb drives images folder.

1. I go to schedule your scan and select "create your own scan schedule." I make my day and time selections then click apply.

2. I go to excluded files and folders and click "add folder" then select my pictures folder for each of my usb drives. They then show up in the list. I see no apply or save option.

The problem is these settings just won't stick. I go back and none of it saved.

Am I missing something?

SC 14.0.4113

Thx

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Korgman
Contributor III
Message 4 of 5

Re: Scheduled scan and exclusions

Jump to solution

Never mind. I restarted my PC then went through the process again and it sticks now. Man, so f'n buggy lately!!!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Korgman
Contributor III
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

AV 18.0.4054

Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

I just did the same thing to my photos folder in my usb stick the folder shows up and is still there after I close McAfee and reopen it.

If it is disappearing best to run MVT below and see if it finds anything amiss then call support note the session number MVT throws up.

McAfee Virtual Technician

Services and Support for Home and Office

Korgman
Contributor III
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Never mind. I restarted my PC then went through the process again and it sticks now. Man, so f'n buggy lately!!!

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

I was just about to suggest to do a 'Restart' . Or set the settings through Custom.

Glad that all is okay

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community