Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cuppatea
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

Remove remote access download

Hi All,

In an attempt to resolve a problem I had a live session with support which involved allowing McAfee access to my computer for a remote diagnoses.

When doing so I clicked once only access when the security box popped up, but I would prefer to remove the download that permitted it now.  Where will I find the program and how do I disable it completely please?  The machine is running Vista.

Thank you,

cuppatea

6 Replies
Aldrin
Former Member
Message 2 of 7

Re: Remove remote access download

Sorry for the delayed response, in fact Go To Assist will only temporarly installed those files from your computer so without your knowledge no one can access your computer again. However, if you want to remove that open control panel> programs> programs and features> you could see GoToAssist Downloader – uninstall it from there.

cuppatea
Former Member
Message 3 of 7

Thank you for your help Aldrin,

Best wishes,

cuppatea.

m_granderson
Former Member
Message 4 of 7

Aldrin wrote:

Sorry for the delayed response, in fact Go To Assist will only temporarly installed those files from your computer so without your knowledge no one can access your computer again. However, if you want to remove that open control panel> programs> programs and features> you could see GoToAssist Downloader – uninstall it from there.

Hello.  I am new to this forum and not really technical.  I have McAfee Security Suite and was having issues so I had technical support assist me (via remote accesss).  The person had to download a bunch of files and it went by so fast.  I have a question, could someone who was granted remote access download or get internet passwords from my computer that I use in the internet (banking, email, Ebay, etc.)?  Is there a section in your computer that takes all the password info you use during your internet usage that someone can just take?

Thank you,

Michelle

Dinz
Former Member
Message 5 of 7

Hi Michelle.

Please be informed that  the remote access feature that we have at McAfee is guaranteed and qualified . Moreover, the technicians handle remote sessions if there is a need (depending upon the criticality of the issue) to fix the issue with McAfee . The tool is designed in such a way that during an remote session  with McAfee technician the customer can see the technical interactions happening on their PC and in no way a piece of unrelated/ personal information is accessed from the customer’s PC.

Regards,

kartk
Former Member
Message 6 of 7

hello Dinesh,

I recently went through a live session and my McAfee was uninstalled in the session. The support staff said he will contact me regarding the issues. The session took place about an hour ago. When can I expect the call. I m now left with no anti-virus. pls help me

Regards,

Karthik

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 7

This is an old thread and Dinesh has moved on to other tasks.   Closing this thread.  Please stay with your other one here:  https://community.mcafee.com/message/304473#304473

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 27/09/13 9:42:05 EDT AM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community