cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
williamm
Former Member
Message 1 of 15

Reinstalling SecurityCenter Problem

Hello,  my McAfee Security Center was renewed and afterwards the the real time scanning was off and would not come on. So after searching on here I read to remove and reinstall the Security Center.

Well I removed McAfee from my computer but now can not reinstall it. I have run the MVT from McAfee but it says no McAfee program is on my computer.

I have run Malwarebytes, Superanti spyware, Avast antivirus, C Cleaner and Glary Utilities. I have Windows Vista and McAfee Security Center purchased from the web page. I have downloaded and reinstalled to the point of frustration, don't know what else to do any help would be appreciated. It was working fine before, thank you. Bill

14 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 15

Re: Reinstalling SecurityCenter Problem

Try running MCPR again reboot and run

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/Mcpreinstall.exe

Retry the reinstall.

Make sure all antimalware programs are removed before doing this and then if you get an install reinstall them (free ones only as ones with real time scanners will clash)

Also

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS100903

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 13/05/12 6:46:31 PM
williamm
Former Member
Message 3 of 15

Thank you for the help. I removed all the afore mentioned programs, rebooted, ran Mcafee's cleaner and tried to reinstall but it still came up the same.

Unable to install, try again or run the MVT or contact Mcafee.

Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 15

JaiPrakash
Former Member
Message 5 of 15

Hi William,

We shall trouble shoot this issue and possibly get the programs installed with some of the below information

What operating system ?

RAM size :

Hard drive free space :

How old is the computer ?
What is the exact error message that you receive while installing McAfee – If possible attach a screen shot of the error

Regards,

williamm
Former Member
Message 6 of 15

Thank you guys for the help. I got on chat with Mcafee last night, the lady said she would have to send me to a tier two person that she did all she knew. I am suppose to have them help tomorrow.

Operation system          windows vista

Hard drive space           105 GB free of 134 GB

Computer age                 2007

I download the Security Center but when I go to install it,  it says ( Installation Incomplete) then under that it says ( we can not install any of the security features included with your software, to fix this you can

: Try installing again

: Run Mcafee Virtual Technician

: Contact Mcafee Support

The Mcafee Virtual Tech says no Mcafee products located on my computer and I have tried installing again many times with the same result.

I have ran the Preinstall cleaner from Mcafee and Malewarebytes many times both are succesful with nothing found.

My friend who is a programer said he thinks it's a trojan that is using me to hop because the CP operates fine otherwise.

williamm
Former Member
Message 7 of 15

Don't know how to include the screen picture of it.

I think 2007 is the CPs age it says that under the windows vista properties thing.

Message was edited by: williamm on 5/14/12 2:29:05 PM CDT
jaymfe
Former Member
Message 8 of 15

Hi William,

Please let us know if you are able to fix this issue by contacting our support through chat also can you share the service number?

williamm
Former Member
Message 9 of 15

Well he said I have a corrupted Microsoft file that has to be taken care of before he can do anything. He said to have microsoft help me with it, it has been fun trying to find help on that site, not as user friendly as this one. Still trying to figure out how to contact someone over there besides the forum.

At lest I did find out which update is the bad one.

Not sure what you mean by service number? Thank you guys for the help here.

Peacekeeper
Message 10 of 15

When you called him before you were given the contact number a SR No starting with 8******* shouild have been given to you was it. If so post it please

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community