cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andy1954
Former Member
Message 1 of 8

Rechner kann nicht mehr Herunterfahren

Ich habe mir McAfee Total Protection 11.6.477 am 25.05. Online als 3er Lizenz gekauft. Das Programm wurde problemlos installiert.. Es wurde automatisdch auf den neuesten Stand gebracht. Ich habe einige Zeit (ca. 60 Minuten) mit dem Rechner gearbeitet. Es klappte alles weiterhin ohne irgendwelche Auffälligkeiten. Die negative Überraschung kam, als ich den Rechner runterfahren wollte. Es ging nichts mehr. Der Rechner war nicht mehr ansprechbar. Ich musste den Rechner am Gehäuse ausschalten. Nach dem Neustart, der zu meinem Erstaunen fehlerfrei verlief, habe ich in der Ereignisanzeige nach Einträgen gesucht, die durch das Problem erzeugt wurden. Da war aber nichts. Total Protection soll eigentlich F-Secure Internet Security 2013 1.77 build 243 ablösen. Natürlich wurde F-Secure mit Hilfe eines Utilities völlig vom Rechner entfernt.

Eingesetztes Betriebsystem ist Windows 8 Pro 64-Bit zusammen mit Start 8 1.12 als Startmenüersatz. Meine Hardware sieht wie folgt aus: Asus P9X79 Pro, i7 3930K mit Scythe Katana 4, be quiet BQT E8-CM-580W, 8 x 4096 MB mushkin Silverline PC3-10666 9-9-9-24, Samsung 830: 1 x 128 GB, 1 x 256 GB, Sapphire RADEON HD 7750 Ultimate , Antec PO P193V3.

Bei der Konfiguration von Total Protection habe ich die Vorschläge des Programmes angenommen. Mich würde natürlich interessieren, was zu dem Verhalten von Total Protection geführt haben kann, da ich es gerne weiter einsetzen möchte.

Nachricht geändert durch andy1954 on 26.05.13 04:06:32 CDT
7 Replies
spc3rd
Former Member
Message 2 of 8

Re: Rechner kann nicht mehr Herunterfahren

Hi andy1954 and welcome to the McAfee Community Forums!

Until some of our more knowledgeable members and Moderators can arrive to review your post and provide their assistance, I have posted the English translation of your original post below:

Hallo und herzlich willkommen zum andy1954 den McAfee Community Forum!

Bis einige unserer kompetenten Mitglieder und Moderatoren können ankommen, um Ihren Beitrag zu überprüfen und bieten ihre Hilfe, habe ich die englische Übersetzung der ursprünglichen Beitrag unten geschrieben:

=============================================================================

Computer can not shutdown

This question is Not Answered.

I have McAfee Total Protection 11.6.477 at 25.05. Purchased online as a 3-pack license. This program installed easily .. It was brought automatisdch up to date. I have worked for some time (about 60 minutes) to the computer. It all went further without any abnormalities. The negative surprise came when I wanted to shutdown the computer. There was nothing more. The computer was not any more. I had to turn the computer on housing. After the restart, the error was, to my surprise, I was looking in the event viewer for entries that were generated by the problem. But there was nothing. Total Protection is actually F-Secure Internet Security 2013 1.77 build replace 243rd Of course, F-Secure has been completely removed using a utilities from the computer.

Employed operating system is Windows 8 Pro 64-bit with 8 start 1:12 as a start menu replacement. My hardware is as follows: Asus P9X79 Pro, i7 3930K with Scythe Katana 4, be quiet BQT E8-CM-580W, 8 x 4096 MB Mushkin Silverline PC3-10666 9-9-9-24, Samsung 830: 1 x 128 GB, 1 x 256 GB, Sapphire RADEON HD 7750 Ultimate, Antec PO P193V3.

When configuring Total Protection I have accepted the proposals of the program. I would be interested, of course, which may have led to the behavior of Total Protection, I would like to use it on.

on 5/26/13 6:21:38 AM EDT
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 8

I moved this out of "Business > SaaS" and into "Home > Security Center" as that appears to be what you are using.

Make sure F-Secure is totally removed using their removal tool from their support pages.

Follow this FAQ and afterwards, reinstall McAfee from your ONLINE account.

If that fails to work, contact German Technical Support.  It's free of charge and available by phone or online chat here:  http://service.mcafee.com/TechSupportHome.aspx?lc=1031&sg=TS

Translation by Google:

Ich zog diese aus der "Business > SaaS" und in "Home> Security Center", wie das zu sein, was Sie mit angezeigt.

Stellen Sie sicher, F-Secure völlig entfernt mit ihrem Tool zum Entfernen von ihren Support-Seiten.

Folgen Sie dieser FAQ und danach neu installieren McAfee von Ihrem Online-Konto.

Wenn dies nicht funktioniert, wenden deutschen Technical Support. Es ist kostenlos und per Telefon oder Online-Chat hier:
http://service.mcafee.com/TechSupportHome.aspx?lc=1031&sg=TS

andy1954
Former Member
Message 4 of 8

Many thanks for the prompt reply. F-Secure is totally removed from the PC using F-Secures removal tool. After the removal I have restarted the PC and then started the installation of McAfee Total Protection. On Monday I will asked the German support for an solution of this problem.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 8

Thank you for posting in English.  Translators are fine but sometimes make mistakes.

If you remove McAfee in the normal manner (if listed in Programs) then run the MCPR cleanup tool (see Useful Links at the top of this page or the link I already posted) - run that anyway, reboot and reinstall from your online account, it should give you the latest version of the software which is 12.x - more suited to a Windows 8 environment.

One hint - the installer and the McAfee interface utilize Internet Explorer to best to set IE10 Compatbility View on for all websites under Tools.

andy1954
Former Member
Message 6 of 8

It seemed, that McAfee Total Protection has problems with the program Start8 from Stardock. I have added all exe-files from Start8-folder to the internet connections for programs of the firewall. Now I can shut down my PC.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 8

Strange, I use Start8 in my Windows  8 and don't remember having any problems.   Oh well, there's always a first time for everything.

So you are OK now?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 8

I just booted into into Windows 8 to check this and have no entries in Firewall > Internet Connections for Start8 at all.

That's strange.   Mind you I am using beta McAfee software on it but it should act the same way.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community