cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pete71
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

Real-time virus protection was enabled

In my View Recent Events this message is coming up everytime I switch on. Shouldn't the Real-time virus protection be on all the time?

My PC is running really slowly despite deleting all temp files etc and was worried that perhaps I had a virus that was switching off the virus protection. I have run scans but nothing is getting picked up. However a few weeks ago I picked up the malware for virus protection 2009 pop-up which did not show up on my virus scan. I ended up installing MBAM which seemed to fix it, however then Mcafee said that MBAM was malware so I removed the program. I am unsure as to whether this slowing started at this time or when I installed SP3 (a big hassle when you have an AMD processor). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
5 Replies
matrixluke
Contributor
Message 2 of 6

RE: Real-time virus protection was enabled

How do you expect the real time scanning to be enabled when you have your PC turned off:p?
pete71
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

How did I get through the past three years without this message then?

For Mcafee to tell me that it is enabled, it denotes that at some stage it is disabled - where is that message? I know it exists, I have seen it before.
matrixluke
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Yes it will go disabled, when you turn off your PC( I just tested that in mine). and also it is said this kind of logging was started with version 8.1.
infosponge
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

My computer was turned of about 2:15 AM last night and recent events show that realtime protection was disabled.
I understand that part.
Why is it still showing disabled under "details" after the computer is on?
I know that within the program itself it shows VirusScan is enabled because of the "ON" swich and I also get no alert that the aformentioned is not protecting my computer.
I do see an enable button under Recent Events however.
I was once told by a forum volunteer to ingnore this as this is a glitch as the same thing happens to him on his computer.

Thanks

I now notice that the night it was disabled it was actually 10/28 and not last night.
I hit the enable button and it is now showing the same time 2:15 AM and it is now enabled as of that date and time, so the prior information has been replaced by enabled that actually took place at today's date.
This further confuses the issue.
Strange
infosponge
Former Member
Message 6 of 6

Hello,
I feel obligated to report that Real Time has remained enabled as of that same date 10/28 even though the computer has been off overnight.
Seems erratic.

Thanks
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community