cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 61 of 150

Re: Real time scanning keeps turning off and virtual tech cant fix

Any scanner that runs a real time scanner will clash with Virusscan. I use MWB but use manual scanning to supplement the mcafee product. Also ensure the Kaspersky was fully uninstalled.

Running on 4 PCs here and 5 more in the family and all stable.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 62 of 150

Hey nicom,

I would say that the reason for McAfee Real time scanner being disabled could be conflict with the other  security software that you run along, as we do not recommended running a different antivirus software in the system.

Moreover, I have seen this in several machines , where in the scanners have a conflict and thus there is a chance for the program not being updated or being enabled.

Uninstalling the different security software compleletely and running an update for McAfee would solve the issue.

Regards,
Dinesh K
McAfee Online Community Moderator

jfreshwater
Former Member
Message 63 of 150

this happened to me a couple of days ago. i just checked for updates and let mcafee download and install them. it worked fine.

nomcafeefan
Contributor
Message 64 of 150

Real time scanning keeps turning off and virtual tech cant fix

I FIXED IT!!

I've been dealing with this issue for two weeks on my computer running MS Windows 7. I wasted a full Saturday trying to get McAfee to work again and got nowhere. Wierd part is it started out of the blue - with no system change at all. Then I found a solution. Here's how to fix the problem:

1. Uninstall McAfee.

2. Download and run the McAfee MCPR cleanup tool from the McAfee website.

3. Ensure Windows Defender is tuned on.

4. Go here http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/ and download Microsoft's free security software. Follow the installation instructions.

5. Cancel your McAfee subcription and ensure they cannot charge your credit card for future renewals.

Your computer will now be secure, you will be free of the McAfee scam and you will no longer be getting ripped off.

If you don't follow this advice, then best of luck!

bat1615
Former Member
Message 65 of 150

I'm running win 7 and I get the same problem Real time scanning keeps turning off.  This started a few days ago, I turn it on, it turns itself off.

Peacekeeper
Message 66 of 150

Ensure you can access your mcafee account then

1 Uninstall Mcafee

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS100507

2. Reboot and run

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/Mcpreinstall.exe

Reinstall from your account making sure you have no other AV installed and if you ever had another AV run their removal tool first before reinstalling Mcafee.

pookey52
Former Member
Message 67 of 150

My real time scanning kept turning off until:  I deleted the *.sol files (flash cookies) and cleaned out my internet browsing, using the shredder once I deleted the cookies, etc.  It hasn't turned off since.  I consistently deleted the *.sol files since I don't know of a program to stop them just by using the search function, sending them to the recycle bin and then shredding.  Maybe this will help someone else - maybe it was a fluke, but I'm happy now.

moebean
Former Member
Message 68 of 150

I was having the same issue, uninstalled and now mcgafee will not allow be to re-install stating I have exceeded the number of logins?? It prompts me to re-set my password, i do, then it says the same thing over and over, prompts me to change but that I have again exceeded my logins. I still can not login to download and I can't even speak with someone unless I pay them 89. bucks, via check. What is up with That? I just renewed in November...I'm tempted to abandon this and just take it as a loss and go with another company.

Peacekeeper
Message 69 of 150

Best way is contact technical support via chat it is free and if they cannot assist escalate it free also.

http://service.mcafee.com/TechSupportHome.aspx?lc=1033&sg=TS

knockwood
Contributor
Message 70 of 150

Here's what I did, I'm using AntiVirus Plus 2011,...

1) Open Mcafee AntiVirus

2) Click On Navigation

3) Go to Real-Tine Scanning

4) Scroll down to Extended Protection

5) Make sure both items are checked

Close and reboot system.

I fought with this for a long time.

It has been over 24 hours and real-time scanner has not turned off yet.

I hope this works for you

Have a great day.

Knockwood

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community