cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gerryhiles
Former Member
Message 51 of 150

Re: Real time scanning keeps turning off and virtual tech cant fix

Yes just dump McAfee (used to be good) and yes get Security Essentials, Windows Defender and live in peace.

gerryhiles
Former Member
Message 52 of 150

Hey and Microsoft is all free.  Does not cost you a cent.

OK I could wade into stuff about Microsoft, but all I am saying is that if you have Windows 7 and fully integrate with Microsoft, you will have NO more problems.

I do not trust McAfee to have fully deleted my account.

If McAfee charges my credit card, I will make a MAJOR fuss.

djarboe
Former Member
Message 53 of 150

Have McAfee on two other system, but once my contract runs out, will definitely cancel all.  They used to be the best around, but they have sadly declined in quality, and in support... it all comes from India now, based on the accents of the people I talked with. (Hi, my name is Steve...barely legible.)  While not a big Microsoft fan, they now look better than the once great McAfee.  Sorry to see they have become a third-world company!  I used to see them as the leaders... a couple of notches above  Norton, which is also now worthless.

djarboe
Former Member
Message 54 of 150

Just call your credit card company and refute the charge.  It works.

gerryhiles
Former Member
Message 55 of 150

Yes I am doing that mate, over other dodgy issues too.  My bank, the Commonwealth Bank of Australia, is going to issue me with a new card ... just got off the phone talking to them about it.

gerryhiles
Former Member
Message 56 of 150

Serious shit is happening globally, e.g. "subprimes", we are all likely to get ripped off, if we do not keep up to speed.

bpbobh
Former Member
Message 57 of 150

Does anyone have a solution to this?   I keep seeing fixed, not fixed....

nicom
Contributor
Message 58 of 150

We have several machines running Windows 7 with McAfee (no problems), and two business machines with Windows XP SP3 and Kaspersky AV.  Last week I replaced Kaspersky with the latest McAfee (free from our ISP).  This produced the 'real time scanning disabled' problem described, sending Windows into apoplexy and blocking IE8 from connecting.  On rebooting, I could see from the McAfee panel that 'script blocking in IE & Firefox' and 'buffer overflows' were the parts of real-time scanning that would not work.

We also run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.  Checking McAfee's website seemed to indicate this was compatible, but ours is the paid-for version, with its own real-time scanning function.  Disabling this function allowed McAfee to work normally.  I hope this might help some people go down the right track, as I wasted much time looking for other solutions, thinking that McAfee had tested for compatibility with Malwarebytes.  It is probably fine with the free version.

GMT-IT
Former Member
Message 59 of 150

Hi, got the same error today with WIN7 Pro. There is a solution in McAfee KB that works for me:

You have to change rights of user "system" to full access for  "%Systemroot%\temp" directory.

Link to KB: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=kb60970

Best regards

Guido

Protokollname: Application
Quelle:        McLogEvent
Datum:         28.11.2010 12:58:48
Ereignis-ID:   5022
Aufgabenkategorie:Keine
Ebene:         Fehler
Schlüsselwörter:Klassisch
Benutzer:      SYSTEM
Computer:      OL-1
Beschreibung:
Initialisierung des MCSCAN32-Moduls ist fehlgeschlagen. Das Modul hat folgenden Fehler ausgegeben: 8
Ereignis-XML:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="McLogEvent" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="49152">5022</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-11-28T11:58:48.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>5819</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>OL-1</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>8</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Nachricht geändert durch GMT-IT on 28.11.10 07:49:57 CST
leologist
Former Member
Message 60 of 150

I performed a system restore and found the same problem as everyone else here. After trying some of the suggestions with no improvement I uninstalled McAfee and reinstalled it from my backup cd I purchased with my last renewal. Problem appears to be solved now. Just an update would not repair the problem with me. I am running Windows Vista Home Premium with McAfee Total Protection. Thanks for all of your suggestions and hope this helps those of you still having issues.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community