cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
totty069
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

Real Time Scanning Keeps Switching Off

Can anyone help me please? I received a message to say my computer is at risk because real time scanning is switched off. I have switched it back on but it simply turns off again. Thining this may be down to a virus I tried to runa virus scan but that errors out, can anyone advise me what I can do please?

Many Thanks

J

5 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Re: Real Time Scanning Keeps Switching Off

Moderator note: for your privacy and safety I have removed the email part of your user name.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

Hi there,

Please let us know the below specifications ;

What  operating system ?

Any other security software installed ?

Please run MVT from here : http://mvt.mcafee.com and let us know your session id

Regards,

totty069
Former Member
Message 4 of 6

Many Thanks

Dinz
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

Hi J,

Could you please let us know if your issue is been resolved ??

Regards

totty069
Former Member
Message 6 of 6

Dinz,

Apologies for not replying sooner but I've been unable to log onto my home PC at the moment and have to wait until today to access the internet.

I downloaded and ran mvt and selected the option to remedy the errors that were shown, this thankfully corrected the error and real time scanning now works.

However I now have another problem, it's 50:50 whether the mvt correction process caused this or whether it is totally unrelated but my intel wireless network connector is disconnected and all attempts to reconnect it have failed. I beleive the driver is corrupt and will download a new version and see whether this resolves the problem.

I guess in answer to your question, 'Yes' the original issue has been resolved.

Thanks

Jayne

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community