cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
viva1
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Real Time Scanner aborting downloads on Firefox 24

I have been experiencing download aborts on Firefox and believe it is being caused by Mcafee Real Time scanner because when I turn Real Time Scanner off the downloads complete.  The problem can be intermittent some times downloads complete when Real Time Scanner is running but a lot of the time they don't unless I turn Real Time Scanner off.  I get an error message from Firefox informing me that an unexpected error occurred.  Is there anything that can be done about this? as Mozilla have told me to turn Real Time Scanner off to download which I don't really want to do all the time.

1 Reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

Re: Real Time Scanner aborting downloads on Firefox 24

I have FF24 and real-time scanning on all the time and no problem downloading, which is what you should experience.

It could be that the source of your downloads isn't reliable and on some banned list somewhere or maybe you haven't got the normal Firewall settings for Firefox.

Open McAfee SecurityCenter and click Web and Email Settings > Firewall > Internet Connections for Programs

Click the word Program to arrange them alphabetically

Locate Firefox (they take a while to load) and make sure it has Full permission, using the Edit button if necessary.

If that doesn't help I would consult with Technical Support direclty.  It's free by phone or online chat and linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

You should never have to turn off any part of your protection to expedite any download.   The only exception we advise is when installing Windows Service Packs.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 27/09/13 6:30:04 EDT PM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community