Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
momo12
Former Member
Message 11 of 13

Re: Randomly Stops Protecting My Computer

Hi DINZ,

Perhaps you can help me? I feel like a dog chasing my tail here! I recently called McAfee tech support, after I had talked with Dell software (fee based) support, at which time the Dell tech helped me uninstall McAfee and then reinstall. All with my "trial version" of McAfee. We thought at that time everything was resolved? However, when I was "prompted" to LOG IN it would not take my password? So the Dell tech said I would have to call McAfee to help CHANGE my password. So I did, & was given a "temporary password" which DID NOT work either? I CAN NOT recieve "UPDATES" to McAfee, because I CAN NOT "Activate! Both Dell & McAfee have verified my subscription until 9/5/2011. I keep getting a "pop up" screen saying my software needs to be registered, but when I try to do that, it says I already have a registered subscription, and to login? Back to chasing my tail again? I have a "Dial Up connection, with Vista as my operating system. I ran Virtual Technician yesterday (2/2/10 and this is the session ID number. ID23852746.

I hope you CAN HELP with this?........until then I will be cahsing my tail!

mvw684
Former Member
Message 12 of 13

I got the advise for the 2010 version to register with a fresh account/email address to get it working ... (from my reseller)

No clue whether that is related I'm just using the stuff 🙂

mvw684
Former Member
Message 13 of 13

After uninstalling the mentioned adobe download helper mcafee appears to work normal, now for several days.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community