cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikefeuer
Former Member
Message 1 of 1

Random Blue screens, lack of support, not waiting any longer

When McAfee Security Center updated many weeks ago, it was easy for me to isolate that my two relatively new Dells shared one thing in common: McAfee.

And it was apparent this was the source of the random blue screens at startup, shutdown, or in the middle of the day were caused by McAfee.

Tech support was limited and either had no ide what was taking place or in a state of denial. Multiple threads here give the appearance that there are actually

different types of blue screen situations since 10, and there seems to be a dartboard beta attempt to "see if that works" approach. Hearding nothing back directly from McAfee as promised I got tired of wating. I own McAfee because it was "given" to me on two new Dells, not by choice. I have removed McAfee from both computers. No more blue screen. I am happily using Windows Security Essentials. Thus far it found some java exploits missed by McAfee, it also stopped something real time. Again something McAfee never did. The program is lightweight, fast and appears thorough. I've read the reviews on all of the available products. I've heard the pros and cons about waht you "get for nothing" - Thus far I couldn't be more pleased and while I know MSFT has messed up many things in the past, I'm going to give them credit for the moment of developing a product that actually works with their own operating system. I couldn't take this McAfee self help nonsense any longer.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community