Did you mean: 
wixey
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 1 of 15

Quick Scan Cancels At 99%

Jump to solution

Hi,

Recently my McAfee SecurityCenter ungraded to McAfee LiveSafe version 16.0 R18, and today it updated to version 17.8 (Build 17.8.127) and since then every time I run a Quick Scan it cancalls, saying Scan was Cancelled, when it reaches 99%. It never did this with the previous build. MVT doesn't find anything, except for a "Product configuration xml file missing" for the Firewall. Everything seemd to be working normally except for the odd scan cancelling at 99%. Is this a bug?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 15

Re: Quick Scan Cancels At 99%

Jump to solution

The issue would be addressed in 16.0.19 version of Windows Antivirus suite. Shall update the thread as the release date is made available. At least this what a mod posted here

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/VirusScan/Quick-Scan-Cancelled-Itself/m-p/616300#M16456

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 15

Jump to solution

The issue would be addressed in 16.0.19 version of Windows Antivirus suite. Shall update the thread as the release date is made available. At least this what a mod posted here

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/VirusScan/Quick-Scan-Cancelled-Itself/m-p/616300#M16456

wixey
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 15

Jump to solution

Many thanks, Peacekeeper. 

forum
Contributor III
Message 4 of 15

Jump to solution
Thanks!!
Octopus
Contributor III
Message 5 of 15

Jump to solution

My Quickscan is frozen at 99%! When I click on "Cancel" or "Pause" nothing happens.

Untitled.jpg

How do i stop it?

Peacekeeper
Message 6 of 15

Jump to solution

@Octopus 

As I stated above Mcafee Support are aware of this and will release a fix in version 16.0.R19 release. Should be soon.. Use custom or scheduled scan if you need to they should work.. I used scheduled last night and it completed fine.

Tony

Octopus
Contributor III
Message 7 of 15

Jump to solution

I just wanted to add that when I try to right click and scan a folder it says this

Untitled.jpg

But like I said I can't cancel the scan. In my image above when I click on "Cancel" nothing hapens.

Peacekeeper
Message 8 of 15

Jump to solution

Now this is strange I have the 16.0.R18 version which should lock at 99% as it did when I tested it a while back. The fix in R19 is not here but my quick scan completed without issue.

That said several ways to possibly cancel

1 Reboot PC.

2. Go to task manager (CTL+ALT+DEL) and end the livesafe app. Restart it. I was hoping to test these options but the program worked fine.

3 Mods might have another way.

maggie107uk
Contributor III
Message 9 of 15

Jump to solution

Hi I am still having this problem with the scan cancelling  at 99% this has been happening for over 2 months when will this be fixed? We are paying for a product that isnt working properly so not really happy it should not take over 2 months to fix a problem. Can anyone shed a light on whats going on please.

version16.0

release name 16.0.R18

Components

Version 17.8

build 17.8.131

last update 27.2.19

Not a happy customer at all

Peacekeeper
Message 10 of 15

Jump to solution

R18 is current version and R19 has the fix. Agreed taking their time but not a big issue I assume they feel. Should be fixed this month .

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community