cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vega
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Quarantined and Trusted Items

I have been on this screen for over 2 hours, an the animated bars are still circling. I have tried rebooting into safe mode, same thing. There are over 17,000 items in the quarantine directory I want to delete, but McAfee just sits there taking forever. Everything else works fine and at normal speed. It has not hung, its just in extremely slow motion. I tried the tech chat, they said to wait it out. Is there a fix for this unacceptable behaviour?

Windows 7 Home Premium

McAfee Total Protection

Intel Quad Core 3GHZ

8 GB PC 1330 RAM

1 Reply
Indicium
Contributor
Message 2 of 2

Unable to reach quarantined Items.

Although I have only a couple of quarantined items, I'm unable to reach the files (i.e. false positives) in the quarantine. Restarting the computer does not help. The only activity in McAfee Security Centre 10.5 is the (at this moment more than two hours) running rounded search bar.

Kind regards.

United we stand.

Microsoft Edge 44.x (ME 44.x) and/or Mozilla Firefox 68.x (Mozilla FF 68.x)
Microsoft Windows 10 Home (MS Win 10 Home (MS Win10 Home))
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community