Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tcorreale
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

Quarantined Potentially Unwanted Programs

Jump to solution

Hello all,

Security Center seems to be handling "Quarantined Potentially Unwanted Programs" differently now than it used to.  Used to be (for over a year) that I would regularly see items listed and I would routinely delete them, most or all of which were cookies I think.

Now, "Quarantined Potentially Unwanted Programs" never lists anything at all ... ever.  This first happed a couple of months ago and I just ignored if for a while.  But now I'd like to figure out why this change has occured.  I just recently re-installed Security Center to see if that changed anything and it did not.  Is there a system or browser setting relating to cookies, or whatever, that I have inadvertantly changed and which impacts this feature?

I'd much appreciate any ideas or assistance.  Thank you!

Tony

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
spc3rd
Former Member
Message 2 of 7

Re: Quarantined Potentially Unwanted Programs

Jump to solution

Hi tcorreale and welcome to the McAfee Community Forums,

Until some of our more knowledgeable members and Moderators can arrive to review your post, please have a look at this topic and see if it helps you out.  Especially check out the answer provided by Moderator Peter.

https://community.mcafee.com/message/225709#225709

Thank you.

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 3/8/12 11:10:10 AM EST

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 3/8/12 11:15:47 AM EST

View solution in original post

6 Replies
spc3rd
Former Member
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi tcorreale and welcome to the McAfee Community Forums,

Until some of our more knowledgeable members and Moderators can arrive to review your post, please have a look at this topic and see if it helps you out.  Especially check out the answer provided by Moderator Peter.

https://community.mcafee.com/message/225709#225709

Thank you.

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 3/8/12 11:10:10 AM EST

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 3/8/12 11:15:47 AM EST
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

Thank you Pete.  I couldn't have said it better myself...!  😉

@tcorreale, I hope that answers your question.

tcorreale
Former Member
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

Thank you, Pete (and Peter)!

I looked at the topic you recommended and Peter's answer to a similar query addressed my question/concern completely.  I appreciate your taking the time to respond and helping me understand what was (or wasn't) happening.

I'll sleep better tonight -- Thanks again!

Tony

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

That's great, glad you are OK.

DannyBoy_Chicag
Former Member
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

ummm... dont know where my message went but will just say thanks as i have been thinking something was way wrong or who knows what for the last 4 months as it was driving me crazy after even doing complete recovery and installs of my computer with full format  3 times not counting how many installs and removals with removal tool and install again over and over.

Anyhow finally able to find this answer and hope they push out a new UI with the tracking feature out of there soon. Would be nice if they kept the option, but by default leave it off and for people who would like to use it can or make a file management feature to size built in to select file size allotments.

Thanks for ending my quest, and my crazy paranoia

Message was edited by: DannyBoy_Chicago on 3/15/12 7:50:51 PM CDT
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

Glad we helped.  All the best. 😉

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community