Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Falkowski83
Former Member
Message 1 of 8

Problem Downloading 3-User McAfee Internet Security. Download Error 12002

Hello,

For 3 days now I've been trying to unsuccesfully download the 3-user McAfee Internet Security Suite. I keep getting error 12002 when trying to download (not to say about download speeds extremely slow).

The machine I've been trying to install it is a Dell D620 notebook, with a fresh Windows Installation.

I already tried to run McAfee Pre Install program, then rebooted, then running McAfee Cleanup software, downloading DMSetup to my desktop and running from there, and still got the same error.

Already went to propoerties on DMSetup and clicked "Unblock".

Does anybody know how to solve this problem so I can install the software on my computer?

Thank you.
7 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 8

RE: Problem Downloading 3-User McAfee Internet Security. Download Error 12002

Error 12002 means The operation timed out or communications with the server may have not been established. May be caused by a firewall or proxy configuration problem.

What language are you downloading McAfee in & where are you downloading from plus what kind of connection do you have?
Falkowski83
Former Member
Message 3 of 8

Not using any firewall (except for Windows Firewall), and the proxy configurations are okay.

I'm downloading it in Portuguese (Brazil), and I have a 6MB download connection, that is working correctly.

Tried download it using wireless and wired connection, always ending up in the same error.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 8

Try the Portuguese servers: http://pt.mcafee.com/root/downloads.asp

Or contact Technical Support Chat, it's free and available 24/7 via the link at top left of this page or in my signature.
Falkowski83
Former Member
Message 5 of 8

I made all attempts using the brazilian server.

I'll try to contact the technical support tomorrow morning.

Thank you.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 8

The Portugal servers no good either?

Good luck!

Ensure that Internet Explorer is set to its defaults, as McAfee relies on IE.
Falkowski83
Former Member
Message 7 of 8

Hi.

Just wanted to say that the only thing that solved the problem was to format my notebook again (I remember the computer was coming from a clean install) and installing the McAfee product before installing SP3.

The technical support wasn't able to help me.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 8

That's strange and I'm sorry it had to be done that way. Anyway, glad it's sorted out finally.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community