Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrshvd3
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 1 of 1

Pop-up dialog box claiming to be from Windows Security

This issue just started yesterday (2/21) and continues today.  After I choose a topic from your menu (whether I'm logged in or not), each time a new page opens, I get a small dialog box that pops up, supposedly from "Windows Security", stating "The server uat.community.mcafee.com is asking for your user name and password. The server reports that it is from Lithium."  There are places to enter my username and password and an "OK" button to click -- which I don't do (don't enter my information, don't click any button). I can click the red "X" to get rid of the box, then it comes up again on the next page. I posted this issue on Microsoft Solutions forums, since the box is headed "Windows Security"; they suggested that I bring it up with you since it's only happening on your website, nowhere else. I run full scans several times a week; ran one today, all is well. Can you tell me, please, why I'm getting this message and whether it's bogus or not? Or how to get rid of it? I have pop-up blocker on full strength. Thank you.

Labels (1)
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community