cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
f56
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

Please activate your subscription

I have Total Protection 2008 installed on 2 computers. One has Vista prem SP1 the other XP-SP3.

Security Center 9.

My account on McAfee show a subscription to Total Protection, 3 user, expiring 9/20/2009.

Sec Cent Info says "please activate your subscription" and frequently pops up a window with the same message. Clicking on "Activate' does nothing. (no surprise there)

Same problem on both machines.

Both seem to be updating OK though.

How do I get rid of this problem. The popups are becoming VERY annoying.

D@#*N popup just showed its ugly face again while typing this. PLEASE HELP!!http://community.mcafee.com/images/smilies/mad.gif
5 Replies
Blundaar
Former Member
Message 2 of 6

RE: Please activate your subscription

Nice to know there's a few of us... and a lot more, I'm sure, as the year gets older.
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Are you using DELL computers?

Contact customer support find the email address you have the subscription under and re-install the products.:)
Blundaar
Former Member
Message 4 of 6

No Dell- home built.
The web site did say it was activated (using old logon and password), and am getting updates, but Security Center still tells me I need to activate. Nothing happens when I try to, wether as a pop-up or from S.C.
f56
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

Vinrod,

One Dell and one Toshiba. Have e-mailed customer support. will wait for reply before re-installing.

Thanks
mgbof
Former Member
Message 6 of 6

I've had exactly the same problem for about a month. Security Centre 9.0 (subscription till about June 09). I use a Compaq laptop, Windows XP.
I don't mind the pop-ups so much, I only get them about once a day, but it worries me that Mcafee might not be protecting me fully if it needs 'Activation'.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community