cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
allisonf
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

Password Vault

When I try to use Password Vault, I get the message "We're sorry but we can't add passwords to your password vault right now". I have been in touch with McAfee and been told to uninstall and reinstall McAfee, which I did, but I still cannot use password vault and am getting the same message. Anyone know the answer please?
5 Replies
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 2 of 6

RE: Password Vault

1. What is the version of McAfee that you use?
2. Have you tried to create a new password vault with any other user account?
grgral
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

Re: RE: Password Vault

I am having the same problem. I surfaced after I renewed my subsripion. I have used "3 User McAfee Total Protection for years and have never had this problem before. I've spent two full days working thru the support site without success of ant kind. The McAfee Virtual technition sys everything os fine. Does anyone have an answer?

karthic
Former Member
Message 4 of 6

I have the same problem. I do not see Password Vault, after I installed Internet Security 2010

lnerenbu
Contributor III
Message 5 of 6

I probably shouldn't say this in a McAfee forum but if you use McAfee's password vault you are tied to McAfee for life -- something not lost on them you can be sure.  If you choose to use another AV program you lose the passwords.  There are shareware and freeware programs (google Keepass) that work fine and are secure and you can take the 'vault' (i.e. the database where they are stored) to other machines easily after installing the program on them.  I have my 'vault' on 4 machines.  Keepass also starts quicker than McAfee on any machine I run (my main one is a dual core 2.4 ghz, XP pro,
4gb 800 mhz DDR2 ram).

karthic
Former Member
Message 6 of 6

Thanks for your suggestion. I will try out keepass... thanks Karthic

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community