Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hawkc
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

PLEASE HELP Security Centre not opening

Hi

I have a HP laptop with windows 8.1

Recently McAfee has said that I need to enable firewall but I am unable to open the Security Centre. I assume you need to to start firewall. How do I open the Secruity Centre...

Thanks a lot!

6 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 7

Re: PLEASE HELP Security Centre not opening

click on the Mcafee shield in the bottom right hand corner of the taskbar. If not there click on the McAfee Security center icon on the desktop.

That said if it is there and will not open try running the MVT tool (Virtual Technician) here

MVT

note the session number and call support if the tool does not fix the issue

http://service.mcafee.com/TechSupportHome.aspx?lc=1033&sg=TS

That all said you will probably be asked to  reinstall the product but best let support decide that.

Reinstall Mcafee method

All this supposes you do not have another firewall or antivirus installed or any product with real-time scanning present.

hawkc
Former Member
Message 3 of 7

Thanks a lot Peacekeeper this has helped however one problem was not solved and the Security Centre still doesn't open. What do you think I should do now....

But thank you so much for your help, again!

kind regards

Hawkc

Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 7

What have you done so far did you uninstall / reinstall?

If you tried all call support and if initial call unsatisfactory ask for an escalation.

sanjay
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 7

If you have already contacted support please share the service request number. Kindly follow me if you haven't contacted support yet, so that I may send you a Private Message.

cheers

Sanjay

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
varonica
Contributor II
Message 6 of 7

Just a quick question, what version of McAfee are you using?

Have you tried accessing McAfee Security Center through the program files? Start>all program>McAfee>Security center

There could be a number of reasons why the McAfee Security Center does not open:

1. Conflicting program

2. You are infected

3. Bad installation of McAfee

emmie
Former Member
Message 7 of 7

It works

thanks

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community