Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karthiks
Former Member
Message 11 of 21

Re: Out of date DAT

Mattmcgillan,

You are getting MFE 11.6 version because the McAfee package installed on your machine is from DELL. I can report this to my engineering and check what can be done on this issue with MVT.

Mean while, could you please uninstall this product and reinstall the new McAfee Total Protection Trial Subscription which I have created for you in your account. After reinstalling Total Protection run MVT and check the status and update me the same

The above is not an essential TBS, but it would be very helpful if you check and report it to me.

mattmcgillan
Contributor
Message 12 of 21

Karthiks,

OK...I have just uninstalled Security Center and installed Total Protection as requested.  I have just run MVT and the only errors are that Site Advisor is not working.

I have two questions:

1) How can I get the missing files for Site Advisor and get that working?

2) I have over 900 days licence left on my Security Center....but now only have 28 days left on Total Protection.  Can I move these days from Security Center to Total Protection?

The logs are:

MVT Information
MVT Version :7.1.0.2483
System Information
Operating System :Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition(Build 7601)
Service Pack :Service Pack 1.0
Language :0809
Internet Explorer Version :9.0
Internet Explorer Language :en-gb
System Drive Type :NTFS
Physical Memory Available :2467540
Physical Memory Total :4051480
Virtual Memory Available :6158152
Virtual Memory Total :8101104
System Architecture :Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 2Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 430 @ 2.27GHz
Date Time :03/19/2013 18:58:35
Time Zone :GMT -00:00
Product Details
Product Name:VirusScan - McAfee Total Protection
Product Version:16.1.144
Language:en-gb
Partner:McAfee
Health Check Details
Registry OK
File OK
Process OK
Service OK
COM OK
Top Issues OK
SYSTEM OK

Product Name:QuickClean and Shredder - McAfee Total Protection
Product Version:12.1.120
Health Check Details
Registry OK
File OK
Process OK
Service OK
COM OK
Top Issues OK
SYSTEM OK

Product Name:SecurityCenter
Product Version:12.1.253
Health Check Details
Registry OK
File OK
Process OK
Service OK
COM OK
Top Issues OK
SYSTEM OK

Product Name:SiteAdvisor
Product Version:3.5.229
Health Check Details
Registry OK
File 11 file(s) incorrect
Expected File not Present
File: c:\program files (x86)\mcafee\siteadvisor\scripts\balloon.js
File: c:\program files (x86)\mcafee\siteadvisor\scripts\engine.js
File: c:\program files (x86)\mcafee\siteadvisor\scripts\facebook.js
File: c:\program files (x86)\mcafee\siteadvisor\scripts\google.js
File: c:\program files (x86)\mcafee\siteadvisor\scripts\safe.js
File: c:\program files (x86)\mcafee\siteadvisor\scripts\safe_im.js
File: c:\program files (x86)\mcafee\siteadvisor\scripts\selectors.js
File: c:\program files (x86)\mcafee\siteadvisor\scripts\sizzle.js
File: c:\program files (x86)\mcafee\siteadvisor\scripts\warning.html
File: c:\program files (x86)\mcafee\siteadvisor\scripts\warning.js
File: c:\program files (x86)\mcafee\siteadvisor\scripts\yahoo.js
Process OK
Service OK
COM OK
Top Issues OK
SYSTEM OK

Product Name:Personal Firewall - McAfee Total Protection
Product Version:13.1.127
Health Check Details
Registry OK
File OK
Process OK
Service OK
COM OK
Top Issues OK
SYSTEM OK

Product Name:Parental Controls - McAfee Total Protection
Product Version:14.1.112
Health Check Details
Registry OK
File OK
Process OK
Service OK
COM OK
Top Issues OK
SYSTEM OK

Product Name:AntiSpam - McAfee Total Protection
Product Version:13.1.115
Health Check Details
Registry OK
File OK
Process OK
Service OK
COM OK
Top Issues OK
SYSTEM OK

Product Name:McAfee Online Backup powered by Mozy
Product Version:4.1.115.0
Language:en
Health Check Details
Registry OK
File OK
Process OK
Service OK
COM OK
Top Issues OK
SYSTEM OK

Product Name:McAfee Vulnerability Scanner
Product Version:2.1.148
Health Check Details
Registry OK
File OK
Process OK
Service OK
COM OK
Top Issues OK
SYSTEM OK

Product Name:McAfee File Lock
Product Version:3.1.116
Health Check Details
Registry OK
File OK
Process OK
Service OK
COM OK
Top Issues OK
SYSTEM OK

Untitled.png

Regards,

Matt

karthiks
Former Member
Message 13 of 21

Matt,

Thanks for the try

The Site Advisor version reflects in the logs is a old version. Remove Site Advisor alone from the uninstall a program list (double click on Total Protection from the uninstall a program list and select only McAfee Site Advisor in the Uninstallation screen and remove it).

Restart the machine after removing the site advisor and reinstall the latest site advisor from www.siteadvisor.com

Restart the computer after reinstalling the site advisor

Run MVT, hopefully you will not see any errors

You cannot move the 900 days of security center to total Protection unless you renew this total protection trial subscription.

With all of my suggestions above, you can go head use your McAfee Security center back by uninstalling this Total Protection. It seems like the Security center is working fine but the problem is only with the MVT report. I will address this issue to the concern team to get it corrected, as of now you can ignore the MVT status.

This issue is only with MFE 11.6 partner products, soon the partner products will get the latest version and the issue with MVT will totally disappears.   

I really appreciate your cooperation

Korgman
Contributor III
Message 14 of 21

Hey folks,

I have the same thing with 11.6. I initially started my subscription on a Dell but that was 2 pc's ago. My current pc is not a Dell, is there any way I can get the version that is not tied to them? Are there any compatability concerns with this version on a non Dell pc?

Thank you,

Greg

karthiks
Former Member
Message 15 of 21

Korgman,

You can use the Dell McAfee Subscription in a non dell Pc, there is no compatibility issue with this subscription. But the version you get in the Dell McAfee is v11.6. You need to wait for the upgrade v12.1 for this Dell Subscription to get this issue resolved.

I am really sorry that I do not have the precise date of the v12.1 release for Dell McAfee Subscriptions. But if you want the new version, I would suggest you to buy a subscription though McAfee online store.

verno
Former Member
Message 16 of 21

I have a similar problem on my old XP HP media center machine (windows updates are current). I had a problem with the computer not booting properly first thing in the morning when I turn it on. Freezes and multiple restarts. It seems if I leave the modem off and boot the computer first there is no problem. Nothing to see in Event Center and Malware Bytes and Hitman Pro find no problems. I cannot recreate this problem again until the next day! This started a couple days ago. I've had very similar problems in the past that were due to McAfee. The McAfee version of 15.6.245 is what is running through my AT&T Internet provider at this time.

When I run MVT it says pending DAT out of date. If I manually run updates from McAfee directly it works fine and all is normal. Updates are shown current. It seems McAfee has not rolled out the new version to AT&T users yet, though McAfee flags this in the virtual technician as not being the latest and greatest. In the past I have waited McAfee out on these strange problems and it usually fixes itself over time. For the time being I will boot the computer, wait until complete in task manager and then turn on my modem.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 17 of 21

Actually it means AT&T haven't rolled out the new version to their customers.   McAfee rolls updates/upgrades out to everyone.  3rd party suppliers often sit on those, in rare cases sometimes not even passing them on, unfortunately.   There's nothing McAfee can do about that.

dab
Former Member
Message 18 of 21

The Same exact issue just started for me today april 21,2013.......McAfee securitycenter version 11.6....DAT version 7036....creation date 4/5/2013.....on a dell. subscription is up to date.....what gives..... MVT doesn't fix the issue and i cannot get through to anyone on the online chat help......this is kinda a big deal why is there not a fix already!

update: I believe i have found the cause of the issue.....upon looking all over and observing other users issues and the time frames of the apparent issues revolving around all this-------it is a McAfee issue.....due to udates from microsoft........so untill they figure out the issues and update on their end we have two choices.....reset the updates from microsoft which will roll back updated security on their end but allow the mcafee product to update correctly.....or leave as is till there is an update from mcafee and not be fully protected by mcafee but have the added protection of updated microsoft......this suxs i've been here before when they updated IE 8......that time mcafee forced me to pay 20 bucks so the tech could tell me  that the problem was that they did not support the new ie 8 update at the time...... the fix was to roll back to ie7 and wait till they supported  ie8.....which i did because that time it caused my security center to not function at all.....a security company basically forcing me to be less secure......at least this time the whole thing isn't screwed but we have to accept reduced protection yet again

Message was edited by: dab on 4/21/13 2:22:25 PM CDT
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 19 of 21

Nobody at McAfee forces you to pay for service.  There is a voluntary paid service called Techmaster which you can see linked on the Support web pages.  Are you sure it wasn't some outfit masquerading as McAfee?  We've had several reports of this happening.  The only paid services are linked directly from the support web pages and it's your choice if you use them.   Now if you contacted Customer Service first, as they are there for sales they may have suggested it, however they should point you to the free services also.   MVT is currently giving incorrect readings as it's servers are faulty so it may not always give an accurate reading.   It has to be run prior to connecting with Technical Support chat however, just let it run.

I find it surprising that anyone in their right mind would advise rolling back to IE7 which had all kinds of issues.  You should be using IE8 if you have XP, IE9 if you have Vista and IE10 if you have Windows 7 or 8, and McAfee is fully compatible with all of them.

The problem was probably hidden and rolling back was part of the troubleshooting process.  But that's only a guess.

I think perhaps you should contact Technical Support again, they are open 24/7 for online chat (free) and 9am - 9pm Eastern by phone, again free, and linked via Useful Links at the top of this page.

mattmcgillan
Contributor
Message 20 of 21

Ex Brit,

I have just uninstalled and reinstalled Security Center for a third time because I was still having DAT issues.

It has now installed Security Centre 12.1.  It that the end of my out of date DAT issues?

One thing though, I does seem quite heavey on the RAM.  I'm often using 75-80% available memory of 4GB RAM.  Is this normal?

Regards,

Matt

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community