Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vijayrocks14
Former Member
Message 1 of 10

Not able to install Mcafee security center in Windows 8

Jump to solution

I am Not able to install Mcafee security center in Windows 8

I am able to install in windows 7 but i have upgraded to windows 8 pro now  and is not installing in windows 8 plz help........

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 10

Re: Not able to install Mcafee security center in Windows 8

Jump to solution

The latest version is Windows 8 compatible but may not have reached the servers for your area yet.  Where are you installing from - a CD or an online McAfee account?

If the latter, uninstall whatever is there now and then go to your account page and, if you don't mind an English language interface, change your country at the top right to either Australia, USA, Canada or the UK and download from their servers as they got it first.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 10

Jump to solution

The latest version is Windows 8 compatible but may not have reached the servers for your area yet.  Where are you installing from - a CD or an online McAfee account?

If the latter, uninstall whatever is there now and then go to your account page and, if you don't mind an English language interface, change your country at the top right to either Australia, USA, Canada or the UK and download from their servers as they got it first.

vijayrocks14
Former Member
Message 3 of 10

Jump to solution

I am installing Mcafee from my CD provided by DELL XPS laptop, I have got proxy server so can  I Cant download can you provide a standalone download of Mcafee security center.............

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 10

Jump to solution

The one supplied by Dell is probably quite old.  Does the CD offer an online installation option, they sometimes do?   In which case you would install that way from an online account, which you may yet have to create of course.

http://home.mcafee.com is the base for the accounts plus products etc. (top right).

vijayrocks14
Former Member
Message 5 of 10

Jump to solution

I have a account already but i have proxy server so i not able to download , can you tell me a standalone mcafee download

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 10

Jump to solution

There's no such thing unfortunately but have you tried asking Technical Support for advice on this?   It's free by phone or online chat and linked through Useful Links at the top of this page.

If your linked in that system using a proxy server then I doubt the software would work anyway as it wont be able to update either but they can advise you on that.

richastle
Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Jump to solution

Following an email invitation (seemingly from Microsoft), I just bought Windows 8 Pro for AUS$39.99.

During the digital install, it has asked my to manually uninstall the McAfee Internet Security Suite.

Should I do this? Or is this a hoax? What shall I do, ask for a refund?

Please help.

Rich

Melbourne

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 10

Jump to solution

Yes best to uninstall all 3rd party security software whenever a system change is needed as in an upgrade, or even a service pack installation for instance.

richastle
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Jump to solution

Gee! Thanks Ex-Brit, I'll do it after work later today.

I thought I'd be the fool if I didn't at least run it by someone - you are great.

Rich

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 10

Jump to solution

No problem.  Good luck!!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community