Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guthree
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

No updates and no upgrades for version 9.1

Hello,

I'm Using Security Centre 9.1 (Dutch) which is distributed by my provided XS4all.nl.
After updating to version 9.1 I am unable to download any updates or upgrades.
Also I get mcafee popups telling me that my pc isn't protected, the (have to translate from dutch) detection signature is between 8 to 29 days old.
Before updating to version 9.1 everything was working alright.

Installed it twice now, with no changes.

If I try 'fix' then the updating process starts, I see the turning icon which means Sec Centre is looking for updates and then I get a popup message telling me Sec Centre has the latest files.

Virusscan:
Dat version is 5420.0000
Engine version is 5300.2777
3 Replies
BastiaanR
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

RE: No updates and no upgrades for version 9.1

De huidige DAT is 5484, dus 5420 is inderdaad meer dan 8 dagen oud.

Controleer eerst eens de datum/tijd op de PC in kwestie. Als je deze heb moeten veranderen, herstart de PC, en probeer daarna nog eens te updaten.

Anders kan je McAfee nogmaals verwijderen, de PC opnieuw opstarten, MCPR draaien (zie mijn signature), de PC opnieuw opstarten, en McAfee herinstalleren.

Trouwens, als je McAfee installeerd zoals geleverd door xs4all - ik neem aan dat je je ook heb moeten registreren (met een e-mail adres + wachtwoord)? Of, als dit al een keer gedaan is, is dit mischien automatich gebeurd voor deze nieuwe versie.

Maar heb je dan ook een Account op de McAfee website, en als je daar inlogt zie je dan ook je nieuwe McAfee software?
http://nl.mcafee.com/root/myAccount.asp
Riddlez
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Suggestion: next time this occurs, don't use 'FIX'.
Try a reboot, give it a couple of minutes. If you're not automatically updated after a few minutes, try the 'manual' update, while ignoring 'FIX'.
Removing temporary files/browser history MIGHT help.
Guthree
Former Member
Message 4 of 4

Everything is working now as it should!
XS4all, my provider noticed that the Security Centre update they first distributed had problems so they replaced it with a newer version and this one works like a charm!
Everything is updated and is working as it should ... at least I don't see any problems.

So thanks for the help! 🙂

Oh and by the way BastiaanR, the link you refer to in your signature is not working but I did manage to find the removal tool with a little search on my favorite searchengine. happy
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community