cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tsarra
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

No internet access after install?

I downloaded and installed Total Protection yesterday. Since I was removing my old antivirus (AVG), and was concerned about the unprotected time while making the switch, I hooked up my PC directly to my modem and shut down the router.

So, McAfee is now installed, and the PC has been scanned. I reconnected the PC and modem to the router and powered it back on.

My wireless devices all have internet access, but the PC which is hardwired to the router, does not.:confused:

I tried disabling the firewall and still no internet access on the PC.

Running

Windows XP SP3
Apple Airport Extreme Router
Motorola Modem

I appreciate any help!

ETA: I have also tried going to Manage Network. I got the following message: Can't display a map because Your computer is not connected to a network OR Your computer is hooked up to an IPv6 network (My network is an IPv4 network). I put the router IP into the trusted Networks and gave the router software full access through Program Permissions.
1 Reply
tsarra
Former Member
Message 2 of 2

RE: No internet access after install?

Turns out I have other issues with my PC. sad Scary issues.

This thread can be closed. Thanks anyway! happy
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community