cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diannelee
Former Member
Message 1 of 9

New License For MCAFFEE Total Protection Purchased on line

We purchased a new license for MCAFEE total protection on the 23 June 2009 from the McAffee online store, the amount has been deducted from our credit card, the download worked properly as did the installation, but it still reflects that our license needs to be renewed, I have spent the whole week trying to sort this out and no one at MCAffee's technical suport or customer support will assist. They all pass the buck and say it was bought through one of their partners. MCAffee online is supposed to be a secure safe on line shop, but now that our credit card has been deducted with the amount they will not help in finding our order. Phoning the JHB offices is a complete waste of time with staff acting worse than preprogrammed robots spewing out automated responses. All the tell me is that our McAffee will expire on the 28 June 2009. No amount of explaining or giving out the order no and credit card details makes a difference to their response. Please can someone assist as I am starting to believe that MCAfee is an online scam
8 Replies
bua_ako
Former Member
Message 2 of 9

RE: New License For MCAFFEE Total Protection Purchased on line

hi,

i'm sorry to hear that... but i think it's best that someone from mcafee customer service do the helping for you as it is an account issue... try the link below to get their contact details... i'm sure you'll find someone in customer service who would be able to sort things out...

http://service.mcafee.com/LocaleSelect.aspx?lc=1033&sg=CS&pt=1&st=PHONE

good luck...
diannelee
Former Member
Message 3 of 9

thank you but that has proven to be impossible i have just received another response to my query stating that my license expires on the 28 june 2009. All their staff seem to be unable to read or listen. They completely ignore the fact that we purchased and paid for a new license on the 23 june 2009 and all they can say is our license expires on the 28 JUNE 2009. I have never come accross such an incompetent bunch of people ever. I will never recommend macafee to anyone and i am sorry to say but their online shop needs to lose its secure status
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 9

Try calling them and insist on speaking to a Supervisor if you get the run around. It's obvious that whomever you dealt with only read part of the history on your account.

To speak with a Customer Service representative, call 011 707 5500. You may be asked for your registered email address and order number. Telephone charges may apply.
Estimated wait time: 10-30 minutes
Hours of Operation: 09.00-18.00 local, Monday through Friday
diannelee
Former Member
Message 5 of 9

Believe you me I spent 45 minutes on the 0117075500 customer care number speaking to an Amber and her so called manager. They refuse to help and say I must phone a number in the UK. i don't see why I should phone a number in the UK, when i purchased it from McAffee's South African Website. Or should I say that is the link I clicked on when going onto their website from my account. It was the MCAffee official website now they are trying to say I purchased it from one their partners. I have spent everyday this past week trying to sort it out and because their info only registers the original product that we purchased in 2008, they automatically say it is about to expire. Spending 45 minutes explaining and giving the order number makes no difference. Incidentally, Amber calls herself and their customer care centre proffesional but they are not allowed to give out their surnames. I don't know of any proffessional company that has a ruling that customer service agents do not give out surnames. Logging onto their chat support and email support gets me nowhere. They simply refuse to help and send me from pillar to post.
People need to be very careful of purchasing from online stores whether it is secure or not. as this has proved that McAfee's online store cannot be trusted.
Thanks for all your assistance. I just need either our credit card to be reversed or the product to be downloaded as it expires tomorrow. i am trying all avenues to try and get someone to give me what I paid for
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 9

Let me flag this for the Forum Administrator, it really shouldn't matter where you phone, they all have the same access to accounts.

Unfortunately we don't. I can't promise anything until Monday though.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 9

By the way is it under the same email address as on your profile? Don't post email addresses for security reasons unless you replace the @ with the word AT.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 9

It's just been pointed out to me and we all seems to have missed the obvious here. It may easily be solved by simply uninstalling, cleaning up and then reinstalling from your online account. If you purchased online then there is an online account for that purchase.

Do the following:

1. Uninstall all McAfee programs through "Add or Remove Programs" in Windows "Control Panel".

2. Use the MCPR tool, see this article: How to remove supported McAfee consumer products using the McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool (MC... This will remove all McAfee remnants from your computer. (you must have Windows Vista, XP or 2000 SP4 to use this tool)

3. Launch Windows Explorer and delete all McAfee files in "Program Files" but especially in "C:\Document and Settings\<user>\Application Data" and "C:\Document and Settings\All Users\Application Data". You have to set Windows Explorer to show all hidden files and folders (Tools > Folder Options > View tab). Just delete the McAfee folders even if they are empty in all the "Application Data" folders. Can be more than one!
In Vista: C:\Program Files, C:\ProgramData and C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming
If you can't find these files don't worry. It just means that MCPR has done its job.

4. Reboot and redownload/reinstall your McAfee products directly from your account at the McAfee web site.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 9

The Forum Administrator has asked me to ask you for more details if you don't mind.

It’s seems to be an issue with subscription. Customer account reflecting as expired under the Email address ([EMAIL="xxx@mweb"]xxx@mweb.....) on 6/28/2009 and Site Code is UK that why she is been referred to UK Customer service.
Peter can we have the customer order number for new products she purchased. So that we can have it checked customer service.

Do you have the customer order number from your newly purchased product? It should be on any receipt.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community