Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wixey
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 1 of 7

New Interface Query

Jump to solution

After installing the latest McAfee updates for McAfee SecurityCenter 2014, the main page now looks like this:

NewMcAfeeScreen.jpg

Is this normal? According to the about page, the only thing that's changed is the Anti-Virus, which is now version 2186.0. It's not a huge issue, just mildly annoying that I have to click "Manage security" every time I want to check the original interface or run a scan. Is there any way to stop McAfee displaying this screen every time?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 7

Re: New Interface Query

Jump to solution

Yes it is normal - just click the  headers to the right to get to the various parts.

That particular page seems to depend on which server the software is downloaded from as I saw it on my previous installation and then it was gone when I reinstalled it.

I couldn't find any way of disabling it.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

I was just Auto Updated to 2186.0 also. Running 13.6.1529/17.6.559 McAfee Total Protection. That is indeed strange to be occurring? Have you tried restarting and see if it remains to be the case?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

Yes it is normal - just click the  headers to the right to get to the various parts.

That particular page seems to depend on which server the software is downloaded from as I saw it on my previous installation and then it was gone when I reinstalled it.

I couldn't find any way of disabling it.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

Hmmmmmm..Thanks Peter. Shows ya how long it has been since I have done a Re-install. I was not aware of it.....

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

Another thought, if there is no way of disabling it you could suggest that it is made possible here: 

wixey
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for the replies, Ex_Brit and catdaddy.

I'm glad this isn't abnormal, though it seems a bit pointless for people who weren't planning on adding extra devices. At first I thought it might have something to do with LiveSafe, but this didn't seem likely as I've never used it.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

I found it annoying too 😉

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community