Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
viva1
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Need to shut down Mcafee security centre while I do some work

Hi

How do I shut Security centre off and shut down all my Mcafee services until I need them again while I do some maintainance work on my pc and how do I know which service is the real time scanner what would it be listed under.

Thanks

3 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

Re: Need to shut down Mcafee security centre while I do some work

Hi viva1,

May I know what is the message displayed in your security center : Is it "Am I protected YES" or "Your computer is secure " so that we could under the version of your mcafee software and guide you accordingly.

Regards,

Dinesh K

viva1
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Hi Dinesh

I have Your computer is secure (No action required) when I click on the security centre Icon.

Thanks

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

You can't shut down SecurityCenter but you can shut down VirusScan and if necessary the Firewall also, although I do not recommend you do that.  Usually only the Virus side of it is necessary in these case.

If your SecurityCenter looks like this:

Capture.JPG

Click Virus and Spyware Protection and then when that opens click Real Time Protection and the "Turn Off" button.

Tell it for how long you want it to stay that way and that's it.

If it's the older 2009 SecurityCenter double-click the taskbar icon to open SecurityCenter then click Advanced Menu (bottom)

Click Configure (left)

Click Computer & Files (op left)

Turn off VirusScan in the right=hand area and tell it for how long.

Don't forget to re-enable everything afterwards.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community