Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sidekick
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Need help with deactivating

Jump to solution

I need help asap... here's my problem:

Ok well i had McAfee Total Protection 2010 on my computer, i then formatted completely forgot about deactivating it before formating.
And now i dont have it, is there any way i can still deactivate it by another computer or something?

Any information i left out please tell me and ill add it.

Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Deepu_S
Former Member
Message 2 of 3

Re: Need help with deactivating

Jump to solution

Solution

How to deactivate a license so it can be reactivated on another computer

Description
If you have installed your McAfee software on the maximum number of computers for the number of licenses you purchased, and you need to install your software on a new computer, you will need to purchase additional licenses or deactivate the license on an existing computer. When you install the software on a new computer, the deactivated license will become active on the new computer. The most common reason you would need to deactivate a license would be in the event of a computer hardware failure requiring a hard drive replacement or new computer.

Solution
To deactivate a license from your current McAfee subscription and release the license for use with a different computer, use the steps below:
  1. Go to http://www.mcafee.com.
  2. Click Home and Home Office.
  3. Log in using the email address and password you used to purchase your McAfee software.
  4. Under the My Protection Products section, select the subscription from which you would like a license released.

This will take you to the list of machines currently being protected by McAfee.
  5. Find the computer you want to deactivate and click the Deactivate button to the right.

You will receive a warning asking if you are sure you wish to continue with the deactivation of the selected machine.
  6. If you selected this machine in error, click Cancel.  Otherwise click Deactivate to proceed.

After you have successfully deactivated the license, you will be returned to the same screen but the button will now say

Reactivate.

http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100996&lang=en_US&prior_tid=2&AnswerID=16777216&turl...

Deepu.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Deepu_S
Former Member
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Solution

How to deactivate a license so it can be reactivated on another computer

Description
If you have installed your McAfee software on the maximum number of computers for the number of licenses you purchased, and you need to install your software on a new computer, you will need to purchase additional licenses or deactivate the license on an existing computer. When you install the software on a new computer, the deactivated license will become active on the new computer. The most common reason you would need to deactivate a license would be in the event of a computer hardware failure requiring a hard drive replacement or new computer.

Solution
To deactivate a license from your current McAfee subscription and release the license for use with a different computer, use the steps below:
  1. Go to http://www.mcafee.com.
  2. Click Home and Home Office.
  3. Log in using the email address and password you used to purchase your McAfee software.
  4. Under the My Protection Products section, select the subscription from which you would like a license released.

This will take you to the list of machines currently being protected by McAfee.
  5. Find the computer you want to deactivate and click the Deactivate button to the right.

You will receive a warning asking if you are sure you wish to continue with the deactivation of the selected machine.
  6. If you selected this machine in error, click Cancel.  Otherwise click Deactivate to proceed.

After you have successfully deactivated the license, you will be returned to the same screen but the button will now say

Reactivate.

http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100996&lang=en_US&prior_tid=2&AnswerID=16777216&turl...

Deepu.
sidekick
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

Thanks a lot.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community