cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dono
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Need Help with Security Center

I purchased McAfee about 6 months ago. On occasion, a window pops up stating my computer is not fully protected, and the red M icon has a red X on it. I will click the McAfee Icon to go to the security center, yet a winodw pops up saying one of my mcafee programs has been updated or installed and that I must restart. I will resatart and there are no changes.

I then used the McAfee MVT and downloaded this app. I was instructed to reboot, which I did, but again no changes. Please advise on how to access the security center and / or McAfee Virtual Tech  Thanks

3 Replies
SamSwift
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 4

Re: Need Help with Security Center

Moving this thread to the SecurityCenter space...

Sam

MaheshCJ
Contributor III
Message 3 of 4

Hi Dono,

Does McAfee still asks you to restart the computer, Even after you restart your computer ?

If so you can try a few steps

1. Right-click Start and select Explore.
  2. Navigate to the appropriate location below:

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
    Windows Vista and 7: C:\ProgramData\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
  3. Locate and delete a file similar to this example: $McRebootA5E6DEAA56$.

NOTE: This filename varies, the numbers after $McReboot will be slightly different. 

4. Restart your computer.

Else it is advisable to Reinstall you McAfee software from McAfee website.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 4 of 4

Hi dono,

Are you still facing trouble opening security center , if so kindly report back so that we could help you.

Regards,

Dinesh K

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community