cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dadco
Former Member
Message 1 of 9

NETWORKING HOME COMPUTERS

I am trying to run McAfee Easy Network. I can't get further than the  contents  of the Attached File.

The other PC which is already successfully networked with this PC has the same message.

My purpose is to share printer and folders/files between my two PC's ( see attach for signature of other PC )

I haven't got a clue what to do next. Does anyone have any ideas to share with me.

8 Replies
Mohan
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 9

Re: NETWORKING HOME COMPUTERS

Hi,

Do you have any other Security product installed on the other PC that you are trying to connect using Easy networks.If you have any other firewall installed on the other machine , kindly have it disabled and then try to manage the other computer.

Regards,

Mohan.B

dadco
Former Member
Message 3 of 9

Thank you

I have Easy network and McAfee Total Security which includes Firewall on each M/c. See my signature ( the other m/c signature is in the attach.)

Windows Firewall is disabled on each m/c.

The Pc with the cabled printer is the one with the signature as an attachment.

I do have windows defender on each m/c not disabled.

If you could confirm again what you want me to disable it would be helpful.                       dadco.

Mohan
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 9

Hi,

I was referring to any other security that might have been installed on the computer. Please click the link below  and follow the FAQ.Let us know the outcome.

Document ID: TS100380

http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100380&lang=en_US&prior_tid=2&AnswerID=16777216&turl...

Regards,

Mohan.B

Message was edited by: BalaSGS on 12/11/09 11:44:38 AM GMT-06:00
dadco
Former Member
Message 5 of 9

I get the McAfee message " error occured " both from this forum and when I click on the link in the notification by e-mail.

Any thoughts?  Regards.

Mohan
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 9

Ok,

Please go to service.mcafee.com and click on technical support.

Once the page is loaded. then click on "FAQ and Search" and then on the page that loads on the right side click on "Search" tab.

Then type in "100380" which will get you this document.

Regards,

Mohan.B

dadco
Former Member
Message 7 of 9

Ok OK .   Document printed--------I will try and deal with tomorrow otherwise it will be end of next week.

Well done. I apprececiate you help.

Mohan
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 9

No Problem, Let me know the outcome.

Regards,

Mohan.B

dadco
Former Member
Message 9 of 9

Sorry I have not posted a reply but I have been a little busy.I am going to have to stand down for the time being. Thank you for your help.

Is it better to CLOSE this post and start again when I have more time?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community