cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
superman
Former Member
Message 1 of 13

My McAfee SecurityCenter won't automatically work. It also won't open even I click the program in start manu.

Jump to solution

Hi,

McAfee SecurityCenter won't automatically open on my toolbar after I turn on my laptop (Windows Vista with IE9).  I tried to click the short cut and the button on start manu.  But, none of them work.  I also removed and re-installed it.  Still doesn't work.  My case might be different from other people because I didn't see blank window.  Please help.  Thanks! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JaiPrakash
Former Member
Message 6 of 13

Re: My McAfee SecurityCenter won't automatically work. It also won't open even I click the program in start manu.

Jump to solution

Hi,

It appears like this issue needs some more diagnostics, I have sent you an e-mail requesting for more details on the same. Kindly have it replied so that we can help you better on this issue.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
nish_rulez
Contributor
Message 2 of 13

Re: My McAfee SecurityCenter won't automatically work. It also won't open even I click the program in start manu.

Jump to solution

Hi

Could you please let me know the below details:

Internet Explorer Version:

Cipher Strength:

Get the above details from "About Internet Explorer" which you can find in IE settings...

Also let me know if there is any major change happened to your OS, before u start seeing the issue with McAfee

Regards

Nish

Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 13

Jump to solution

and how did you uninstall via add/remove programs or win 7 equivalent or

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS101331

Post dat and Mcafee  versions.

superman
Former Member
Message 4 of 13

Jump to solution

Hi Nish,

IE version: 9.0.8112.16421

Cipher Strength: 256-bit

My OS is Windows Vista.  There was no major change before seeing the issue.  But, I think there must have several updates from Windows, IE and McAfee. 

After the issue happened, I tried to fix it by removing IE9 update to become IE8.  But didn't work.

Actually, I am ATT U-verse customer.  So McAfee security center software was downloaded from ATT.com.  I also tried removed and re-installed McAfee.  Installation looks very smooth, but I still can't see the McAfee icon next to clock in toolbar after reboot my PC.  As I mentioned, both clicking shortcut on desktop and clicking the program from start manu failed. 

BTW, I have another two laptops, one XP and one Windows 7.  Both of them use the same McAfee security center software from ATT.  But, both of them are OK.

Thanks!

Gary     

superman
Former Member
Message 5 of 13

Jump to solution

Hi Tony,

I tried two different way to remvoe McAfee from my laptop, one via control panel and another by MCPR.  Neither of them work.

Since I can't open McAfee on my Vista laptop, I don't know its version.  But, my other two laptop (XP and Windows7 with same McAfee) work well, I guess McAfee security center version should be the same, 11.0, Build 11.0.678. 

Thanks!

Gary  

JaiPrakash
Former Member
Message 6 of 13

Jump to solution

Hi,

It appears like this issue needs some more diagnostics, I have sent you an e-mail requesting for more details on the same. Kindly have it replied so that we can help you better on this issue.

JaiPrakash
Former Member
Message 7 of 13

Jump to solution

Hi,

Kindly update me with the McAfee status once after updating the McAfee Product.

Message was edited by: JaiPrakash on 24/8/12 4:45:28 AM CDT
superman
Former Member
Message 8 of 13

Jump to solution

Hi Jai,

Sorry for my late response.  Actually, I replied McAfee's "Do not reply" email on 8/24.  Here is why I wrote in my email. 

The update took 2hrs and was still 0% last night.  So, I decided to reboot my laptop.  After reboot, it took about 3 mins for McAfee icon to show next on toolbar.  Then, I tried to update and full scan my pc.  Everything looks Ok now.  Thanks for you help!

Was the issue because of virus or program conflict?

Thanks!

Gary

Peacekeeper
Message 9 of 13

Jump to solution

There was a bad DAT out and that has now been fixed. What is your current DAT?

Good idea to run MVT as per

http://service.mcafee.com/faq/TS101446.htm

marybg
Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Jump to solution

I am having the same issues running McAfee Total Protection on windows vista and Internet explore 9.  I run McAfee AVT and would not fix. I have tried uninstalling McAfee and it will not.   McAfee was running on my computer but after it installed a upgrade it will not load.  Plus I have installed the software on two other computers running Windows 7 and they seem to be working properly.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community