cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Purple_Turtle
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

My Computer not fully protected!!!!?

This is getting outragous my system keeps coming up as not protected so we click the fix button and it doesn't fix the problem my daughter has to get in the advanced menu to fix it that we she is not payed to fix the problem that is what I payed for your protection to do so do your job!!!! This keeps happening two and three times a day and then we have to keep sitting there hitting fix for two to three hours at a time before it even let's my daughter fix the problem through the Avanced Menu and it is always the say problem areas.
9 Replies
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 2 of 10

RE: My Computer not fully protected!!!!?

Hi

Sorry for the inconvenience, are you still facing the issue with McAfee if yes, please clarify

Did you have any alerts or pop-ups while working in the internet?
Did you made any recent change to the computer?
What is the operating system you use?

Steps
Run the MVT and fix the issue option.
http://mvt.mcafee.com/mvt/default.asp
tecumseh_bill
Former Member
Message 3 of 10

My Computer is not fully protected!!!!?

Tried all the recommendations and this still happens on my computer as well. This has happened twice today already and about 4 or 5 times in the past 3 days. Does anyone have any idea what is causing this?

I have used McAfee for years and years and it almost makes me want to nuke out McAfee and go with something else just to avoid this problem.

Does McAfee have any fix for this?
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 10

RE: My Computer is not fully protected!!!!?

we understand that you are frustrated but each issue is unique and is likely to differ based on the machine that you are using. It would be worthwhile and easy for everyone if you could post a detailed description of the issue that you have.. the operating system , RAM, other security applications installed any other relevant data including a latest McAfee Virtual technician id.

Forgot to mention.. Sticking to your own thread would help track and help you better and easier

happy
tecumseh_bill
Former Member
Message 5 of 10

System

I hope this is OK

Windows XP Pro
P4 2.4 GHZ 1 GB ram, 250 GB HDD

This HDD was new 3 months ago. All programs were installed properly. This also happened on the old HDD.

I am actually using McAfee Internet Security 3 user. I have it installed on my laptop (Vista Home Premium) with no issues. I am not sure if the other user has issues but he has XP Pro as well.

If I am in the wrong area I apologize. I am just getting tired of this happening all the time.

I have not ran the McAfee virtual technician because when I did on my old HDD it did not help. There is no other utility program such as Spybot or Ad-Aware installed on my machine, just McAfee Internet Security. All that I have installed is the virus scan and firewall.
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 10

RE: System

I would request you to try McAfee Virtual tech so that I can take a look when i get to office tomorrow... plus please do mention the make of the computer ( HP or Dell or Acer or what ever)
tecumseh_bill
Former Member
Message 7 of 10

To: vinod_r2

I sent you an email on Sept. 7 with the results from running the virtual technician. No issues were found. I also included the computer name, etc. This was all in a response to an email from you.

Any info for me as yet?
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 10

RE: To: vinod_r2

IF you had replied to the automated email notification that the forums sends yo.. sorry that won;r work. why don;t you post the session id after running McAfee Virtual Tech again. I might be able to check that today.
tecumseh_bill
Former Member
Message 9 of 10

Session number

As you requested.

The session ID is 20199934
Purple_Turtle
Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Computer not protected

Questions you asked

1) No we have pop up blocker up at all times

2) Recent changes as in like what?

3) Windows XP Media ?

4) Also no we have not ran the Mcafee VT cause the computer is so screwed up right now I can't even get the computer to bring up the thing to fix the protection before I try downloading the darn VT program.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community