cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lnerenbu
Contributor III
Message 1 of 4

Msg - re latest version not installed

I have McAfee installed on 3 machines. I'm finding that on the W2K machine, when I go into manage network and click on the icon for the W2K machine, it says that the 'latest version of McAfee software is not installed on that machine'. (and I believe I had this pop up this morning which is what had me looking hard at this).

McAfee is installed on all three machines and kept up to date. Two of them run 24/7 and I get the McAfee needs rebooting messages after some updates. I went to the W2K machine and clicked update just to be sure and let it do its thing. Last update check on the security center screen says 10/16/2009.

If I go to the W2K machine and click on manage network it says that the computer is not connected to a network - which assuredly it is. I move data between them regularly. The other 2 machines (XPPRO and XPHOME op sys's) both show the network and the W2K machine on it (and the status reports that it is not protected by the latest version of McAfee software).

The W2K machine reports the exact same builds as the XP-Pro machine.

Why am I getting this message?
and
why does the W2K machine tell me it is not part of a network while the other machines show it as part of my network?
3 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

RE: Msg - re latest version not installed

Hi,
Please confirm the following;
How is your internet connected (Dsl,Cable. . )?
What is the service pack for your Windows 2000 computer?
Do you have any other third party software’s installed?
Did you make any recent changes for the computer?
Dinz
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Hi,
Please confirm the following;
How is your internet connected(dsl,cable )?
What is the service pack for your Windows 2000 computer?
Do you have any other third party software’s installed?
Did you make any recent changes for the computer?
lnerenbu
Contributor III
Message 4 of 4

cable connection

w2k svc pack 4

lots of 3rd party software- mostly apps
sys software: ghost, reg cure, spybot
these same apps are on the other (XP Pro) machine. both machines have 98% of the same apps installed on them.

no recent changes. I don't do much with the w2k machine (build 2002) it is a backup. my xp pro machine is my workhorse (dual core etc - built 2007)
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community