cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Riddlez
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Messed up update process

How does it make sense to introduce DAT updates in the weekend, and sometimes skip DAT updates during the week for one or more days ? :mad:

If it's so important to always have the latest DAT files ...

That server excuse is just silly. Is there any other commercial AV vendor that skips updates as frequently as McAfee ?
4 Replies
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 2 of 5

RE: Messed up update process

Hi,

McAfee do update the DAT files only on all weekdays (Monday to Friday). But do you have any difficulties in updating the McAfee programs?
Riddlez
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

You're mistaken. I've received DAT updates for Saturdays and/or Sundays (DAT date in the weekend!). But sometimes McAfee skips DAT updates on weekdays (Monday to Friday), sometimes for more than one day.

The product I use is Virusscan Plus, 2009 version.

Note: the weekend DATs/updates are relatively new.
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

I do agree with your statement. However, incase if we find any new infections then an additional DAT will be send through an update and it will be released on weekends either.

Moreover, as mentioned above, weekday’s updates may be missed out only if we had any kind of server/ technical issues
Riddlez
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Those server/technical issues happen way too often !
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community