cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bua_ako
Former Member
Message 21 of 32

RE: Nope

please check in you programs and features list if you have the following installed:

1. MSXML 4
2. microsoft .net framework
3. JAVA

if one is not installed please make sure to get them. msxml 4 and micorosft .net may be obtained via automatic updates (critical and non critical updates). JAVA can be obtained by going to http://java.sun.com
dudegymrat
Former Member
Message 22 of 32

nope i have all of them...:eek:
if this makes any difference,
i downloaded and installed it with mozilla firefox....:confused:
bua_ako
Former Member
Message 23 of 32

mozilla firefox is a supported browser. just make sure that IE is your deafult browser. also make sure that the IE8 installed in your computer is the full version.

can you tell me if the registration of jscript and vbscript was successful? you know, after you put in the command regsv32 jscript.dll in the command prompt did it give you a successful message?
dudegymrat
Former Member
Message 24 of 32

umm firefox is my default browser. and go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cjxb8OSMgqk i made a youtube video
bua_ako
Former Member
Message 25 of 32

again, i'm sorry i'm not able to view videos in this machine that i'm using.

please try to online chat support that mcafee has might be able to help you better...
dudegymrat
Former Member
Message 26 of 32

it says DLLRegisterServer in jscrips.dll succeeded

it pops up in a popup thing
bua_ako
Former Member
Message 27 of 32

i would assume that it also gives you the same information when you registered vbscript.

here is the thing, the problem that you are getting with mcafee maybe a scripting error with the browser. i'm not sure though. if your computer is up-to-date and you don't have any other security center then there may be other underlying problems.

please visit the technical support link in this website and click on the online chat support. they may be able to provide you other troublshooting steps that may help out. meanwhile i'll try to ask around for assistance...
bua_ako
Former Member
Message 28 of 32

hi,

please try to do the following, just for troubleshooting the issue

1. uninstall IE8 so you can go back to IE7
2. set IE as default

check if you can now do a scan via mcafee security center.
dudegymrat
Former Member
Message 29 of 32

ok uninstalling.....

ie8 is not in the program and features?:eek: i was just using ie8.

ok i foud ie8 in C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer

umm in program files(x86) there is folders called McAfee, McAfee.com, McAfee(11), McAfee(12).com, and McAfee(160)

is that normal:confused:
bua_ako
Former Member
Message 30 of 32

the files you have there for mcafee are a bit redundant... please uninstall and reinstall the mcafee software following the process below:

1. run the mcpr tool found in my signature
2. click yes to restart when MCPR is done
3. after restart search for mcafee remnants and delete manually
4. run MCPR again to make sure that there are no more remnants, it should say that removal was successful, restart computer by clicking on YES
5. reinstall the mcafee software via the website...

NOTE: make sure that you are using IE when you download and install mcafee and make it

please post back if you are having problems...
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community