cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spindoc99
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

Mcafee keeps deleting a file that is not a virus.

Mcafee obviously thinks its a virus, but its not.

Anyway, I have this program, xclient.exe, I'm trying to run it, and every time I unzip it from is zip file, Mcafee goes in and deletes it.

I've tried to restore the file.

I've tried to exclude it from scan.

I've tried to add it to firewall allowed.

I contact tech support, they took over my computer, and told me to submit to Avert.

I contacted Avert. I submitted the file, but they don't allow for an explanation of what I want.

All they did was scan it and tell me it was a virus, I already knew that from Mcafee scan.

Either way I want to get this file excluded from Mcafee scan, so I can run it, its not a virus, and even if it was, its on my computer, and i want to run it.

So if I have already been to support, and already been through AVERT, now what am I supposed to do, dump Mcafee, and go to a competitor??????

5 Replies
ConorD62
Former Member
Message 2 of 6

Re: Mcafee keeps deleting a file that is not a virus.

Hello Spindoc99,

Have you read this?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 6

spindoc99
Former Member
Message 4 of 6

I've been reading dozens of posts about this for the last two weeks.

Those end up taking me back to Mcafee Labs "AVERT", so I created an account and submitted the file.

It came back two minutes later and said it was a Generic.dx!dvm

And nothing else.

It doesn't fix the problem, it only tells me the same thing that Mcafee already tells me.

Labs tells me to contact support, and support tells me to contact labs.See below

McAfee Labs - Beaverton
Current Scan Engine Version:5400.1158
Current DAT Version:6225.0000
Thank you for your submission.

Analysis ID: 6464206

NameFindingsDetectionTypeExtra
xclient.execurrent detectiongeneric.dx!vdmTrojanno

current detection [ xclient.exe ]
The file received is infected and can be detected and removed with our current DAT files and engine. It is recommended that you update your DAT and engine files and scan your computer again.
If you are not seeing this with the product you are using, please speak with technical support so that they can help you determine the cause of this discrepancy.

Regards,

McAfee Labs

Message was edited by: spindoc99 on 1/13/11 4:01:41 PM CST
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 6

Then you should reply to that email disputing their findings adding the word FALSE in front of the header.

ConorD62
Former Member
Message 6 of 6

Hello Spindoc99,

If you would have read the link's that we provided, you would have seen that;

Peacekeeper wrote:

First sorry but we do not like files posted in forum Can you please zip it and send it password protected (infected is the pssword) as follows. When they reply saying it is infected reply back asking for a review.

You should listen to what Ex_Brit said, because he is a volunteer moderator, and knows more than I do,

Thanks!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community