cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
desi428
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Mcafee installation problem

Hi.So I've had McAfee for some years now and have never had any problems,but all of a sudden,whenever I go to open up the security center,it won't open at all.So I go to reinstall mcafee and it successfully downloads.I'm at the point where I have to put in the serial number that you get when you download the software on the website,but whenever I go to put in the serial number,I always get an error message that says 

"Hmm,we were interrupted.Make sure you're online and try again."

Obviously I have internet and it's working just fine,so I don't know what could be the problem.

I'm new here,so sorry if this isn't the right section for this haha

2 Replies
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 3

Re: Mcafee installation problem

Hi

Please run the Pre-install tool to make sure the PC is ready for the installation

Follow steps from article TS100342 to install the product afresh

matthew73210
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Mcafee installation problem

Hello,

I have the same problem, refuses to install. I've tried the preinstall-tools plus all the other ones you can find on this forum. Plus I can find no logs, not in the temp folder where they should be.

Also, this last time around the pre-install has failed with this error: core component installation failed.

Any help would be great.

FYI : I'm trying to install the internet security version, I've moved down fro livesafe which came with my computer. (win 10 core i7, 16gb ram, 1tb hdd)

Matthew

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community