cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
viveksraul
Former Member
Message 1 of 9

Mcafee Total Protection has stopped updating automatically and manually also. Help Me.

Jump to solution

I purchased a 1-yearsubscription of McAfee Total Protection Plus .I installed it on my laptop onthat day only everything has been working fine since then, the automatic updatefeature of McAfee doesn’t is not working properly. Whenever I go to the updatestab, it shows a future time for auto update but that update doesn't take placeautomatically & I tried to update it manually but it does not update also.The enable auto-update feature is checked but still I cannot update it bymanually. I ran the Mcafee virtual technician a number of times, it showed problemsare fixed but the issue is not fixed. Can you suggest me any way to tackle thisauto update problem? Do I have to uninstall and reinstall the mcafee antivirus?Every time I got pop up “Your computer is at risk”

Configuration of mylaptop is as follows,

Windows 8 Pro, 2ndGen I5, 1 GB Graphics, 4 GB Ram

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
viveksraul
Former Member
Message 6 of 9

Re: Mcafee Total Protection has stopped updating automatically and manually also. Help Me.

Jump to solution

Finally I have re-installed the Mcafee Total Protection Antivirus.

Now, I got proper updates.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 9

Re: Mcafee Total Protection has stopped updating automatically and manually also. Help Me.

Jump to solution

The Last and Next Update times are only approximate and indicate not when an update will occur but when the software will next look for one.  There may not be one available so it will poll for one again at a later time.

If you were behind in updates SecurityCenter would have a red warning.

Can you open SecurityCenter please and tell me the details in 'About" (bottom right of the main page) for SecurityCenter and for VirusScan?

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 10/05/13 2:51:35 EDT PM
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 9

Jump to solution

Technical Support you mean.

viveksraul
Former Member
Message 4 of 9

Jump to solution

Where to contact for technical support. I am from Mumbai, India.

I feel Mcafee doen not work properly with Win 8.

Regards,

Vivek Raul.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 9

Jump to solution

I have the latest McAfee installed in XP, Vista, 7 and 8 and all work perfectly, so there must be something unusual causing your difficulties.

Technical Support links and phone numbers for India are displayed on this page:   http://service.mcafee.com/faq/country.html

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 15/05/13 12:44:19 EDT PM
viveksraul
Former Member
Message 6 of 9

Jump to solution

Finally I have re-installed the Mcafee Total Protection Antivirus.

Now, I got proper updates.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 9

Jump to solution

I was going to ask if you had attempted a reinstall, but now you have and everything is good.  Glad you are OK now.

viveksraul
Former Member
Message 8 of 9

Jump to solution

Hi,

Issue is not resolved. Today I checked last update date, it is showing 15th May 2013. I got shoked.

Could you please give me solution.

Regards,

Vivek Raul.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 9

Jump to solution

Your profile mentions Total Protection Service which is not a home product - are you sure we are talking about the same product.

Can you post a screenshot of it and/or the details from "About".

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community