cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndrewEngel2007
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Mcafee Customer Support does not speak English

After nearly 2 hours on hold...yes two hours..I finally got thru to someone in India or Pakistan, and their english was so bad it took nearly 5 minutes to get the following URL

www.tinyurl.com/y85mssz   If you try the url it indicates the code is no good.  WTF!

I asked several times what he was trying to do, and was never able to understand what he said, so I am unsure why they are asking me to go to this site, but before that answer could be received the line went dead.

After two hours of waiting, I get hund up on.

Does anyone know of an antivirus program that has English speaking Technical support?

If anyone knows how to resolve the Fake Alert Virus and the red and white "X" in the system tray, I sure would appreciate even broken English support.

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply
user_107544
Contributor III
Message 2 of 2

Re: Mcafee Customer Support does not speak English

Hi AndrewEngel2007,

If you suspect virus infection on your PC or even if you are sure that your PC is infected by virus then i would suggest you to scan your PC using "Stinger" tool. You can download "Stinger" from the following link :

http://vil.nai.com/vil/averttools.aspx

Do get back to us if you need any assistance prior/post scanning.

Regards,

Rakesh P

McAfee Technical Support

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community