cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 401 of 1,143

Re: McSvHost.exe causes error on Shutdown

What I am saying is the quote I showed shows that in beta 10.5 Mcafee says the mcsvhost error was fixed. I edited private info out of the quote and edited the Quote to help clarity.

Also refunds are only processed within 30 days of purchase. If you are past this period maybe Somer could assist as you have been reporting about this issue for a while.

Other than that are you going to try the beta? Things got a tad muddied after you said yes.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 24/04/10 2:41:40 PM
Eric
Former Member
Message 402 of 1,143

I just sent an email request for a refund or other considerations due to the fact that the faulty fix crashed my PC and I had to pay a technician $50 to get me back up and running. Does anyone want to venture a guess that my request will be ignored? That is my bet and if it is, I will never buy a McAfee product again. Why should I have to pay to fix their problem? And Peacekeeper, I understand your attempts to get people to test methods to prove a fix, but I am not technically inclined, so I cannot do that. Besides I have a problem doing a test for McAfee, considering what their product did to my PC and how much it cost me to fix it.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 403 of 1,143

Email is the slowest possible way of getting anything done.  You are in Canada so there is a toll-free number to call Customer Service.  Explain the situation, they may be sympathetic if it's beyond the 30 days, but I can't guarantee it.

To speak with a Customer Service representative, call 1-866-622-3911. You may be asked for your registered email address and order number. Telephone charges may apply.
Average contact length: 10 minutes
Estimated wait time: 5-10 minutes
Hours of Operation: Available daily, 6am-6pm Pacific

Nisa51
Contributor III
Message 404 of 1,143

I read your post 409 I now do have the upgrade to build 580. Last night on shut down i didnt get the error message, but this cannot be guarantteed as it does not always happen. This is my second day 24 apr Sat. so I will see how it goes. I had my pc on for about 2 hours this morning, and as I was not going to be using the pc for approx. 3 - 4 hours, I did shut it down instead of going into standby. I did not get the error.

So I am holding my breadth and will see what will happen this evening. I switch the pc on at approximately 14.15 and it will be on now with a short time in standby until approximately 20.30pm. So see if I get the error message. Will post tomorrow to let you know.

Nisa51
Contributor III
Message 405 of 1,143

That says McAfee protection does this mean the Internet Security as well?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 406 of 1,143

What says that?   I would assume they are one and the same thing.

ajmitch
Former Member
Message 407 of 1,143

Peacekeeper,  yes, this PC has the problem, on the XP installations, but not on the Windows 7 installation.  Perhaps they put code in it that was designed to work with Vista and Windows 7, but has problems with XP.  With my setup, I can check both.

For clarification, on my PC;  mcsvhost gives the error message at shutdown.  This happens no matter whether the printer (USB) is on or off.  It also doesn't make any difference if I am still connected to the internet, or not.  If the last thing that I use on the internet is email with Outlook Express, then when I exit that program it prompts me to disconnect from the internet.  Internet Explorer 6 used to do the same, but despite setting the option in Internet Options, to terminate the connection when it is no longer required, IE7 and IE8 both ignore that instruction.  That's a Microsoft problem, not part of this scenario.

Anyway, with every peripheral turned off and internet disconnected, mcsvhost.exe still causes the error on shutdown in XP.  If I run Task Manager and terminate the process for mcsvhost.exe prior to shutdown, I don't get the error message.

So, yes, this machine is a good candidate to test out your beta version.

Peacekeeper
Message 408 of 1,143

We have 1 user installed teh beta so far so good but as this issue doesn't show on all shutdowns we have to wait a couple days to be sure. If you want to try go for it BUt remember uninstall 2010 version via MCPR tool reboot clean up any left over folders and install beta. When you want to uninstall the beta use the beta MCPR tool not the 2010 1 this 1 liked to on your beta login account

jboman
Former Member
Message 409 of 1,143

Yes Peacekeeper the Build for Mcafee Security Center is:

Version: 10.0

Build: 10.0.580

Affld: 0

Language: en-us

Last update: 04/18/2010

ajmitch
Former Member
Message 410 of 1,143

Peacekeeper,

OK, so what's the link to download the beta?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community