Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user_57852
Contributor
Message 81 of 1,143

Re: McSvHost.exe causes error on Shutdown

> McSvHost.exe" on shutdown.

Same problem as everybody else.  This is ridiculous, you've now had one full month to correct it.

Win XP.  Over installation, no uninstall of 2009.  448 MB RAM.   It ran great for at least a solid year.   Same programs on start from when I purchased the computer, no additional adds at all!

Message was edited by: BobB. on 3/20/10 4:49:40 AM CDT
Peacekeeper
Message 82 of 1,143

No issue here  I did have a Mcsvhost error on boot not shutdown back in the 1st week of the beta 2010 testing in last Oct. This was fixed a week later. I feel this is a clash or a malware issue but last I heard Mcafee was contacting several posters here to check out their pCs as at that time 10 days ago they still had no idea of the cause.

I have reasked them and put this as an agenda item for our Monday call.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 21/03/10 7:03:13 AM
GeekStyle59
Former Member
Message 83 of 1,143

Thanks for the update. Good to know that someone can keep this in front of those who can fix it. As for it being a malware issue, at first I thought that's what it was instead of researching the file on line. Did a clean format and install of XP Pro and, as soon as McAfee was fully updated, there was the problem on shutdown again. Are the techies suggesting that my XP Pro disk suddenly has malware on it? I installed it, then McAfee, in that order, then updated both.

Peacekeeper
Message 84 of 1,143

Interesting will pass this on.

kacker
Former Member
Message 85 of 1,143

Like many of the others I have the same problem - just rebuilt my system with a new XP Pro Sp3 installation about a week ago and a fresh 2010 Security Center install off my account.  The error on shutdown happens just about every time which I have been ignoring but today the PC has been extremely slow to get going and McSvhost appears to be hogging a lot of memory.

Peacekeeper
Message 86 of 1,143

Added the post re it occurring after a reformat to my monday call. My issue with this is..... Did you upgrade xp to current first? Then install mcafee? that is safer way keeping windows firewall on while xp updated.

GeekStyle59
Former Member
Message 87 of 1,143

No. As soon as possible, I added McAfee and updated that first for its protection.

GeekStyle59
Former Member
Message 88 of 1,143

But I installed XP SP3.

spectron1
Former Member
Message 89 of 1,143

Sorry no answer to this.  Its definitely a McAfee 2010 issue.  But, what I have noticed that sometimes Windows will shut down without the pop up application error message appearing. It appears to be happening randomly depending on what applications you have had running before you close down.  Am I stupid, but tell me are we all beta testers for this software?  Then we come on here and complain about it here?  Its time now for it to get fixed.

Message was edited by: spectron1 on 21/03/10 13:12:50 CDT
Peacekeeper
Message 90 of 1,143

No you are not beta testers I am .  Been so for 4 years and that is what I am saying in that I have not seen this issue on shutdown through the beta testing of 2010 version. Something is clashing and we will have a conflab about it tomorrow as I agree time to sort this out.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community