cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mullie
Former Member
Message 1041 of 1,143

Re: McSvHost.exe causes error on Shutdown

Not had a problem since I got the patch from P/K but it would be nice to get the update at some time ????

angie2601
Former Member
Message 1042 of 1,143

Hi all,

Since Somer kindly released the test fix version on my laptop I have not had any error on shut down.

Until last night.

My Total protection told me computer was at risk and to run a full scan. I completed this and there was one update to run too.

All protection came back - PC was protected again etc.

Then upon shut down I got a slightly different error McSV Host

I didn't get the full text but it said 'the exception priviledged instruction occurred 00x000x0e...... (Don't think the number sequencing is right)

showed two options - one was 'click to debug program'

I didn't get the message down in time as the pc went off.

Any advice please.

My security version is 10.5.194.

Thanks&regards

Angelina

Peacekeeper
Message 1043 of 1,143

Angie you still are not up to the 195 version what is your firewall version? I would assume that after the update something happened to cause it again but it will not reoccur till the next update. Unsure here though.

angie2601
Former Member
Message 1044 of 1,143

My Firewall version is 11.5; build 11.5.131 last update 21/7/2010.

Peacekeeper
Message 1045 of 1,143

Thought so wait and see what happens when it goes to 195 and 135 and if issue returns.

PJ2000
Former Member
Message 1046 of 1,143

Hi.

Just wondering if anyone can help me, I'm based in the UK and I'm still getting the McSvhost.exe error on shutdown. I've checked some of the version numbers of the programs in my Security Centre and some of them seem to be really old versions and have not been updated for a while.

Security Centre
Version: 10.0
Build: 10.0.580
Update: 09/05/2010

Virus Scan
Version: 14.0
Build: 14.0.309
Update: 23/08/2010

Personal Firewall
Version: 11.0
Build: 11.0.378
Update: 09/05/2010

Why is Security Centre, Firewall, and Virus Scan, so far behind and not been updated to the latest versions ???

Cheers for any help !

sweety
Former Member
Message 1047 of 1,143

Hi,

Let me explain you ,McAfee updates only the "Virus Scan " every 4 hours which is called "DAT" and todays DAT is 6083 and it changes everyday ,that is the reason why Virus scan update shows 23.8.2010.

And i wanna tell you that your McAfee programs are not OUTDATED !!!

Peacekeeper
Message 1048 of 1,143

Ok 1st thought are you getting Mcafee from mcafee direct or through an ISP or hardware supplier like Dell etc? WE heard from 1 of the mcafee techs in our mod phone call that some are still on the10.0 version and are only now testing the10 .5 version.

If it is through mcafee you can get the latest version for certian via uninstalling mcafee and reinstalling it. Ok takes about 20 minutes (I did it to test another issue 2 days ago.)

Removal

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS100507

on 25/08/10 6:08:12 AM
nsquire
Former Member
Message 1049 of 1,143

I'm still on Firewall 131 and Security Center 189, the error has gone since Sunday (about 12 shutdowns).

Regards

PJ2000
Former Member
Message 1050 of 1,143

Thanks for the replies 'sweety' and 'Peacekeeper', very helpful !! I'm getting Mcafee from mcafee direct so I'll give the uninstall and reinstall ago.

Message was edited by: PJ2000 on 25/08/10 10:20:57 CDT
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community