cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RalphMcD
Contributor
Message 1031 of 1,143

Re: McSvHost.exe causes error on Shutdown

Has anyone in Canada received this fix ?

Still waiting patiently.

Peacekeeper
Message 1032 of 1,143

Throttling is a drag I am still at 131 on firewall and Australia 1st server to get the fix. It will come however.

georgieb
Former Member
Message 1033 of 1,143

Ralph....I am Canada located & received both the Security Centre & Firewall Updates on Aug 17th, so hopefully you'll see it soon. GB.

RalphMcD
Contributor
Message 1034 of 1,143

GB

Thanks for reply - good news - appreciated.

---------------------------------------------

Tony

Looks like there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Peacekeeper
Message 1035 of 1,143

Yep tunnel long and damp..My test box now fine as I tested the manual fix on it so waiting for update not a worry.

georgieb
Former Member
Message 1036 of 1,143

Had hoped the "Joy" would last but it was not meant to be. The error reoccurred when I shut down last night, so it only took 3 days since I received the fix with SC 195 & FW 135 for error to recur. I should mention that the Virus Scan Engine & Site Advisor were updated yesterday, so don't know if that could be relevant.

In the meantime, I've shutdown 5 times today with no repeat of error. Will continue to monitor. Have there been additional reports as the fix works its way out to the world or is this still being handled as an "exceptional" condition ? (i.e. what should my next steps be ?) Pls & Tx. GB.

Peacekeeper
Message 1037 of 1,143

Some techs are contacting a couple posters who reported fix did not work. If they want another case I will add yours.

So far failure is the exception.

Your point about recent update is worth thinking on.

jmckee
Contributor III
Message 1038 of 1,143

Just curious - has anyone that experienced the error after the update experienced more than once? I got the error on shutdown about 2 days after the update , but never again since then.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 1039 of 1,143

Hey Peacekeeper,

I think jmckee is on to something. I've also noticed that it seems to only happen after the next update they get. Something to discuss on today's call I think.

Nisa51
Contributor III
Message 1040 of 1,143

I got the update to the 10.5.195 and firewall 135 on the 18th August, and up to todays date 23 August just about 5 days, I have not seen the shut down error. Hope this is the fix

Message was edited by: Nisa51 on 23/08/10 12:51:22 CDT
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community