cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kilroy
Contributor
Message 1021 of 1,143

Re: McSvHost.exe causes error on Shutdown

I seem to be another one that didn't get the full update.  I am running Windows XP SP3.  My Security Center build is 195 but the build on Personal Firewall is still 131.  Before the last update the error seemed to not occur as much as it was.  Then a few days after the update it showed up again. Honestly this is getting annoying.  This is starting to shake my confidence in McAfee in general..

Peacekeeper
Message 1022 of 1,143

Add me to it my test box updated finally today to 195 and 131 . Ok running the manual fix on this for past 2 weeks  so any1 with 131 and 195 who is fedup I will email you the manual fix.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 18/08/10 2:18:21 PM
davideo0
Former Member
Message 1023 of 1,143

I decided to uninstall, run mcpr.exe and reinstall.

I now have the updated version i.e.Security centre Build 10.5.195 and Firewall 11.5.135.

I'll report back with any problems.

Nisa51
Contributor III
Message 1024 of 1,143

I have today received the update to 195 and firewall 135 UK. So I will see if this is helping the shutdown or not.

cburrows
Former Member
Message 1025 of 1,143

Hey Somer,

Thanks for your reply to my last post and guess what, I just received the fix 195 & 135 build.   Now the big question, is the dreaded McSvHost.exe error really gone?  I hope so but it is going to be hard for me to really tell for awhile because I was only getting it once in about every 20 shutdowns before receiving this fix .  My subscription is up in October and if I don't receive another error by then I guess I will renew.  But if the error continues I am done with McAfee.  Thanks again. 

on 20/08/10 6:53:20 AM
Mullie
Former Member
Message 1026 of 1,143

I received the update from Peacekeeper (thanks) but although I keep checking and try manual update I am still on

Security center

ver. 10.5

build 105  178

affid 7

virus scan

ver 14.5

build 14.5.113

firewall

ver 11.5

builed 11.5.131

site advisor

ver 3.1

build 3.1.o.175

spam

ver 11.5

build 11.5.131

content ver 3603

cont. up 18.08.2010

eng ver 2.20.9149

quick scan

ver 10.5

build 10.5.108

how come my firewall and Virus are so far behind ???????

Since the update sent by Peacekeeper NO problems.

Peacekeeper
Message 1027 of 1,143

Mine only updated from 178 to 194 yesterday morning and to 195 last night (manual check). Throttling is slow and I am on the aussie server and it was updated first. A uninstall reinstall will get you the latest but as you have the fix waiting is a good idea

Kilroy
Contributor
Message 1028 of 1,143

I received another update today which updated the Personal Firewall build from 131 to 135.  The interesting thing about this is that when I received the Security Center update (8/11/10) to build 195 I checked the Personal Firewall build as well.  To the best of my knowledge it was also upgraded to build 135 at that time.  Then a few days after that update I started to get the error more frequently.  So, i went and checked the build versions.  That's when I noticed the PF build was changed to 131.  It was my understanding the the both the SC and PF update would come in the same update.  Am I incorrect on that?  If I'm not then how did the PF build change back to the older build?  Anyway, now that I have both build versions for the fix I am hoping that the problem is solved.

Peacekeeper
Message 1029 of 1,143

That is strange maybe they withdrew 135 for a day or so. Testing mine now only got dat update.

Quinion
Contributor
Message 1030 of 1,143

I am in the UK and I received an Automatic Update this morning that required a restart.

SecurityCenter now = build 10.5.195

Personal Firewall now = build 11.5.135

I have shutdown a few times since the update and the problem has not shown itself.

Looking Good.....!!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community