cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rowdy
Former Member
Message 991 of 1,143

Re: McSvHost.exe causes error on Shutdown

One of my machines just received the auto update to Security Center Version 10.5 Build 10.5.195 and Virus Scan 14.5 Build 14.5.113.

I have another that hasn't received the update but i expect it soon. All ok here in Texas.

Peacekeeper
Message 992 of 1,143

Rowdy what is the firewall version should be 135 if have the fix.

rowdy
Former Member
Message 993 of 1,143

My mistake. I am still on Firewall Build 11.5 131.

celtkub
Former Member
Message 994 of 1,143

For the record, yesterday I received and installed the update with the built-in "fix," i.e., 195 (SC) and 135 (Firewall).  I've shut down the computer two or three times so far, and no errors, so I guess I'm good now. You will no longer hear from me unless the error recurs.  Thanks for your efforts.  

jmckee
Contributor III
Message 995 of 1,143

Both SC and firewall updated to the new versions (195 , 135) on Wednesday. No shutdown errors for the next few shutdowns. Then , early Friday the shutdown error came back.

tonyorob
Former Member
Message 996 of 1,143

Peacekeeper, I have been watching this thread for many weeks now and my XP Desktop has been updated with the "fix" for about two weeks. Since then there have been no shut-down errors and it looks as if we have finally made it. Thanks for your "peacekeeping" and help.

Peacekeeper
Message 997 of 1,143

Same error exactly I assume? Please monitor and report back.

celtkub
Former Member
Message 998 of 1,143

Peacekeeper, FYI.

As I indicated earlier (see post #1,132) I received the "fix" (195 SC and 135 FW) around Wednesday of last week. The error on shutdown appeared to have gone away UNTIL this Sunday morning, when it reappeared on shutdown EXACTLY AS BEFORE, so the bug is still there. My OS is Windows XP.  Please advise.

ajmitch
Former Member
Message 999 of 1,143

I know that you said that it was being throttled through, but that was last week.  Although I have the two files that you sent when we trialled the fix and that is still working, the system hasn't yet downloaded the released 'fix'.   My computer updated again today, but SC remains at 10.5.194 and Firewall is 11.5.131.

The only thing that seems to get updated is the AV dat file, which with todays update is version 6075.

Peacekeeper
Message 1000 of 1,143

Ok no usb printer still turned on when you shutdown?

Will pass this on tomorrow in our meeting call

Ajmitch

UK amd US only started throttling late last week. It will take a bit to get it.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community