cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mellissa
Former Member
Message 961 of 1,143

Re: McSvHost.exe causes error on Shutdown

I've been watching this discussion for a while, waiting for a fix. Just checked my updates since I'm in Australia and no sign of it yet. Will keep checking and notify if I get the update versions mentioned by Peacekeeper.

Peacekeeper
Message 962 of 1,143

Yes I have two boxes monitoring it as well This 1% throttling is annoying sometimes but necessary to spread server load. Tomorrow I might try a reinstall on my test box

Wifes PC updated to

Firewall                11.5.135.0

and

SECCENTRE         10.5.195 (no .3 here )

Files dated as of Aug 2nd which appears correct. Other box will not update in 7 attempts. So things appear to be happening albeit slowly

PS confirmed no way to go faster with the update.

M

on 7/08/10 11:39:10 AM
ice_kota
Former Member
Message 963 of 1,143

hi friends,

Please find the resolution in the link mentioned below.

http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS101014&lang=en_US&prior_tid=10&AnswerID=16777216&tur...

Affected Operating Systems:

Windows XP
Windows  Vista
Windows 7

RESOLUTION :-

1. Navigate to the folder below:

Windows XP: C:\Documents and  Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\HackerWatch\data

Windows  Vista / 7: C:\ProgramData\McAfee\HackerWatch\Data

2. Delete all the files inside the Data folder.
  3. Restart your computer.

Regards,

Manish Nair

DELL Inc.

Peacekeeper
Message 964 of 1,143

ice that solution was put out 4 mths ago the solution is being sent to all servers slowly so every1 just wait for it it will not be long. Those too tired to wait I will assist to manually fix the issue but I would rather let the update do it.

BTW issue never was on vista or win 7 as the faq suggested

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 7/08/10 11:53:37 AM
celtkub
Former Member
Message 965 of 1,143

How will we be able to identify the update?  When we go to the Navigation Center, what do we look for (segment, version, build, etc.) to ascertain that the fix has reached us?  Thanks.

georgieb
Former Member
Message 966 of 1,143

Peacekeeper,

I'm confused by this reply. Was this the solution (or only part of the solution} ? If solution, easy to rectify by almost anyone using a PC, with no assistance. What am I missing? 4 months ago ? Only partial solution, right ? (I recall you, or someone, indicated there appeared to be multiple causes, so may I assume this was only one ???? Otherwise, what are we all talking about? ). It is essential that McAfee clarifies this Anwer to FAQ (it beggars the question why this post even exists & yet "it does...plus, it references more than XP which, supposedly, was the only source of problem):.

In any case, for the benefit of anyone awaiting the "FIX", I bit the bullet today, as my subscription was expiring, & "RENEWED" my subscription.

I am Canada located & downloaded from U.S. Server today & got same Version I already had, i.e. Security Centre 10.5.194. So we'll have to wait for a bit for whatever this fix consists of (& would love to "know" what specifically has been fixed...unlikely...can only hope no other problems introduced). GB

Peacekeeper
Message 967 of 1,143

That FAq was 1 of the first thoughts re cause. I remember it but as issue was not soved it went by the board and I forgot about it. Really the fix is here I got it on my wifes PC 2 days ago but my xp test box has not got it. I have ased the question in our Monday call re the faq I think it now is not necessary will update you here after the call.

The Australian server has it an uninstall reinstall while logged into it should give you it but another week or so should  be ok right since we know it fixes it and is online but throttled. You can check for updates several times a day but if you are not getting updates from the Au server well it is just wasting time.

Will update this thread Monday US time

Woodeye
Former Member
Message 968 of 1,143

I have the same problems with McSvHost shutdown as others. I searched my computer , (Acer Aspire One running Windows XP) does not have this file.

Robert

Peacekeeper
Message 969 of 1,143

Well assuming you checked the correct folder I would tender to say that you said no when asked to report back to mcafee when asked during installation.

Not a big deal as I said the fix is here just need to wait for it to come to your server.

Woodeye
Former Member
Message 970 of 1,143

Thanks PK, I believe you are correct. I had to re-load my operateing system recently and I think I remember answering no to that question, therefore that file was not created. I had windows do the search by the way. I couldn't find it myself when I looked. Thought I was missing something. Windows came up emty too. Thanks for your help. Looking forward to a fix from McAfee.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community