cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davideo0
Former Member
Message 891 of 1,143

Re: McSvHost.exe causes error on Shutdown

Most of the people I was referring to would never think to look at the McAfee web related pages. Why would they? - they do not connect the problem with any one in particular.

The most effective option and the cheapest would be for McAfee to simply email their database of customers.

Message was edited by: davideo0 on 7/12/10 2:48:39 AM CDT
ReB
Former Member
Message 892 of 1,143

Was getting the same error..

Was very pleased with it as I allready was kindda annoyed with McAfee.

Updating is a nightmare (takes forever) and have to re-install frequently after a update..

Also it seems impossible to mannualy download DAT's as none ever find a competable version on my system???

The new UI is most unpleasant and I never asked for it. Was perfectly happy with 2009 (exept updating) which is what I bought....

Quick Clean (as is everything else) is inconveniant to get to and what happened to my beloved Trace??

Once my subscription runs out I'm going to get another AV..

Been using McAfee for at least a decade but no more...

As for the current problem:

I solved the popup appearing by changing 2 services.

Both McAgent and SiteAdvisor are started during startup and by default are set on Automatic.

As there is no need for either to do that, I changed these to Manual (didn't wanna completely disable them, just in case) and its gone...

Both however are still running, only difference is the error being gone....

Bonus is the lesser use of memory..

Hopes this helpes..

signon2
Contributor
Message 893 of 1,143

Hi,, mine is McAfee security Centre Build 10.5.194 updated today July 11 2010.

Installed McAfee Internet Security 2009 only a few months ago, and was getting same McSvHost.exe error on shut down.

will get back to you when i do a few re-starts to see if error had stopped since the new up-date.

drewb
Former Member
Message 894 of 1,143

Any update on listing the fixes that have been implemented and the root causes that are still outstanding.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 895 of 1,143

Not yet. I'll keep trying for you though.

drewb
Former Member
Message 896 of 1,143

Ok Somer, thanks for trying.

Peacekeeper
Message 897 of 1,143

194 has no fix sorry for this issue

guest911
Former Member
Message 898 of 1,143

Hi, I've been reading this topic since a while, waiting about 3 months for an eventual patch that repairs the annoying message at shutdown in my windows XP PC that happens the 99% of the time in my case. I decided to post because my subscription is about to expire in 11 days, and since I realize that this issue is going to take much more time, I want to know at least if I will get the chance to get the patch even if my Mcafee AV becames outdated, that is because I decided to not renew my subscription. I hope I'll be able to do so, because I feel I was forced to upgrade to version 10, which lead to this error messages and I want my AV working properly as it was just months ago with no interference with my operating system.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 899 of 1,143

Hey guest911,

I might not be understanding your question, but if your product expires, you wouldn't be protected anyway so patching wouldn't make a big difference.

Mezzy
Contributor
Message 900 of 1,143

Hi all.

A little off topic here, but maybe someone can advise me on an very important issue i have on my netbook.

Basically turned my netbook on on the "13/07/2010" at about 10:45pm only to get a warning from mcafee about my computer is at risk.

If i click on the mcafee icon in the system tray it opens the main window and says "your computer is at risk" "check for updates" then under that it says "mcafee cannot update your software. please check your internet connection. if the problem continues, please contact technical support"

if i check for updates manually, it will say " your  computer is secure (no action is required) then your programs are up to date, automatic updates are on.

But then it changes back to the error above.

there is nothing wrong with my internet connection, and nothing has changed since last night, as i swithced my netbook off last night, and on tonight at 10:45.

Please if any moerators etc are here any help would be appreciated

Mezzy 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community