cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dj501
Former Member
Message 871 of 1,143

Re: McSvHost.exe causes error on Shutdown

I have contacted Mcafee Techincal service for problem and they say me that is a Microsoft problem. It seems can solve download this component

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=00bcdf28-2299-4150-964d-88a601e25229&displa...

I have asked how is possible that is Microsoft problem considering that problem appear from ver. 10, but they say me that this is an old component of Win xp that must me upgraded.

Anyone has similar news?

Thanks

tmgrl4
Former Member
Message 872 of 1,143

I had a full case opened with Microsoft. It is a McAfee problem, not a Microsoft problem.

Peacekeeper, after I spent hours on two different days with Dinesh, I was given a person to e-mail. I DID make a comment here that I received no response to an e-mail I sent to that address.  After removing the desktop icon (Dinesh did this), I went on to have problems with McAfee at startup.

Then got the data 59** error....I must have uninstalled and reinstalled McAfee 5 times. Also used their cleanup tool.

No thanks. I am done with McAfee. This isn't the first time I have had a problem with poor support and no resolution.

Good luck to everyone who stays. Such a big company to not have dealt with this in a timely fashion.

terri

My friends who don't visit forums but who also have McAfee have jumped ship to other services. CA comes free with my cable service It is fabulous!

dj501
Former Member
Message 873 of 1,143

I have installed the patch and obv no way. Now the technical service ask me to make a remote control session. Nevermind with this crazy solution.

I only want my money back.

Peacekeeper
Message 874 of 1,143

Not MS issue it is caused by Mcafee even they acknowledge it. So far they have found well more than 5 things that can cause this they fix 1 and another sometimes pops up. We are trying to get them to release the fixes that work so at least some will get relief.

Sorry you are gone but understand why.

dj501
Former Member
Message 875 of 1,143

Peacekeeper they must test before new version not after many user has this problem. On the net you can find many forums where user talk about this.

Technical service of Mcafee as first solution say me to unplug all usb devices and make 2 restart; after all will be ok. Is a joke?

Neither best microsoft can say this as solution. The second time try to install a ms patch. And now want to use my pc in remote? ahahahahah

Maybe techics has time to joke. I have not. Test must be done BEFORE release not after and not casually.

So the only thing that mcafee can do for me is give my money back. No problem for me give all the documentation to my lawier.

For the moment ridicolous company

Peacekeeper
Message 876 of 1,143

Lawyers really this is a minor issue so minor my son in law went 2 mths having it before noticing it. He turned his monitor off as soon as he clicked shutdown so missed the 10 second message.

I have it 3 times in 54 shutdowns Ok some have it every boot those maybe the 1s mcafee can help by releasing the done fixes now.

Re refund usually only within 30 days of purchase is the rule  but you can always try customer service. Contact via useful link tab above.

Good luck

dj501
Former Member
Message 877 of 1,143

Is not only a shutsown problem. After update to ver 10.0 i have also svchost process than crash during normal operativity and cause error in win xp.

I have formatted my pc last sunday and installed a fresh copy of win xp. Everything is ok until i have installed Mcafee ver 10.

So the problem is not only on the shutdown. Is ridicolous not test before release a new version.

And more ridicolous if possible is not find a patch in over than 4 months

Peacekeeper
Message 878 of 1,143

Never seen or heard of svchost issue will check re 4 mths I think that is slack as well.

dj501
Former Member
Message 879 of 1,143

1st post of this 3d is dated february 2010. Maybe you have reason, is not 4 month that this problem exists, IS MORE

MagicLight
Contributor
Message 880 of 1,143

Over the past couple weeks, my 2 XP and Vista systems have all updated to 10.5.  Though I never had the error issue with Vista,  both XP systems had it every time.  Not only has this latest version fixed that issue, but it also took care of the ever reappearing icon on your desk top.  At last, but I think I will still look for another security software package.  I can get CA free with my Road Runner, but I am paying for this?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community