cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 801 of 1,143

Re: McSvHost.exe causes error on Shutdown

Just in case there is confusion

1) The 5958 issue quarantined a  Windows system file called svchost.exe.  People who experienced this issue were  offered a 2 year subscription extension.  The offer expired on May  31st.

2) This thread deals with a  McAfee file called McSvHost.exe which causes a simple error message  intermittently on shutting down (simple meaning that's the only thing that is  wrong; the error message itself.)  People who experienced this issue are not  entitled to a 2 year subscription extension because no damage whatsoever is  being caused.

Mezzy
Contributor
Message 802 of 1,143

Hi All.

Been watching this thread for a while now "waiting" for the fix. Has this even been released yet?

As i'm still getting this error message on shutdown.

Thanks.

Peacekeeper
Message 803 of 1,143

I asked today and no no release yet . I hear now it should be still end of June. It has top priority for a fix

davideo0
Former Member
Message 804 of 1,143

Just thought I'd add my comment.

Since the last update of Internet Security, no further error notices.

Nisa51
Contributor III
Message 805 of 1,143

Since posting on this thread a while ago I have kept in touch with it. I have a query? There is  supposed to be a fix for this error message this month. Now a friend of mine has had a lot of other problems with the Internet Security, mainly theirs does not work on updates and keeps saying they are not fully protected and has warning messages all the time. Only fix they have is to keep uninstalling and downloading a new one.

Anyway that is by the by. They had to do this today and now they have the Build 10.5? My question is, is this build going to be an automatic update for me as my build is 10.0. Or do I have download a new one? And is this build 10.5 the fix for this error message.

davideo0
Former Member
Message 806 of 1,143

My build is 10.5.178.

This was automatically downloaded a few days ago, since when I have had no further error messages.

I would suggest it worthwhile to download a new one and try it.

Nisa51
Contributor III
Message 807 of 1,143

I have clicked the update button but it says my Internet Security is up to date? Do I have to uninstall this one first?

Peacekeeper
Message 808 of 1,143

10.5 will come automaticaly I got it last week though had it for 2 mths beta testing it.  It will not fix the issue I am expecting a patch very soon but knowing Mcafee it might just be put on an update. Re not getting it well my XP test box gets it 3 times in 36 now so for some it is very uncommon to see.

The new 10.5 has better update and scheduling rules as well as several fixes.

celtkub
Former Member
Message 809 of 1,143

I just downloaded and installed a McAfee update which required a computer "restart."  I noticed that in recent posts, e.g., Nisa51 (#880) and Davideo (#881), they have referenced several so-called "build" versions, like 10.0 and 10.5.178.  I would greatly appreciate it if you could share with me how to learn which McAfee version or "build" is running in my computer.  I've clicked on "home" and "help" and the McAfee version or "build" is not revealed (unlike other softwares).  I'm anxious to learn whether the fix has already been received and installed via an update.  I shut down the PC twice today (without turning off the McSvHost.exe file in Task Manager as I have been doing for more than a month) and I didn't experience the error, though I recognize that maybe I was plain lucky.  Please enlighten me.  Thanks.

Peacekeeper
Message 810 of 1,143

Fix is not there unless we mods have been bypassed in the chain of info.

To find which build got to Navigation top right and then about middle left.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community